World
    Ares

I Miss Guild Coins

Yup
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I just miss those couple of times there were things worth buying with guild coins.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The neat thing about the trade office is you can trade things you have, like eggs, for things you want, like guild coins.

World
    Zeus
    NO! Common sense is not allowed here!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Referring to the change in guild quests to eggs, I was not in favor of it at the time of the vote that was before the changes in guild quest; but now that both changes have occurred, I am happy with it. The amount of guild coins we are receiving has increased about 40% per quest, and it is no longer possible to be hung up on the quest so people who are active are getting more guild quests. On one server where we normally completed guild quests, this has led only to an additional approximate 15% increase; on another where quest were only completed 1-2 times a week, the guild coin return has increased by several hundred percent. Having a few weeks off getting coins is not preventing people from getting what they want from the market.

On the other side of the change, getting an addition 40+ eggs a day for doing guild quest is a nice bonus for the event. While the total is only 800 for the event, that can still make a big difference to lower level or newer players. Honestly, it is a bit of a strain to try to give all the lower level players that many eggs for the event. It is much easier to help them complete the guild quest on a daily basis, which we did regardless, and provide the same benefit. It also eliminates potential bias in helping players, as the help they get from the guild is again linked to guild participation, saving the officers the time and effort in making lists and collecting gifts. On a more superficial level, the value of the eggs given is much higher than value of the guild coins, so players generally benefit more from getting the eggs, given an equal return with the current conversion rate. Furthermore, the Easter quests on a whole are easier than the general guild quests, without some of the jokers we have had issues with (i.e. make a book).

Overall, the egg award for guild quests has been overall positive. While I have heard some argue it is an unfair advantage to those in a guild, it is not a change from the normal game. The same can be said of the guild market or guild coin system entirely, and it is a choice of the player to make. Players can also get advantages from participating in the PvP system or being active in the trade office. It should not be unfair for players to have a benefit from actively playing the game as long as players have equal opportunity to make the same choices.

Reply to Thread