Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: VL Adv Search – Alarming Change In Drop Rates?

World
    Zeus
    Below are 2 screen shots, the first taken on 6-3, the second on 7-12. Of the 126 search results recorded between those 2 dates here's what they show:

First, lets break it down into it's components:

Intrepid searches:

7 YWC out of 71, 9.85%

5 SE out of 71, 7.04%

Tav searches:

5 YWC out of 43, 11.62%

5 SE out of 43, 11.62%

Lucky searches:

0 YWC out of 12, 0%

1 SE out of 12, 8.33%

In total we have:

12 out of 126 were Young Woodcutter, 9.52%

11 out of 126 were Secluded Experiments, 8.73%

An almost 1 to 1 ratio of YWC and SE being returned does not seem normal in any way. The ratios published on various fan sites certainly aren't close to what I'm getting. My results prior to the Intrepid release are far different than what's been happening since.

We've been assured by BB_Alex that drop rates haven't changed and I believe he's sincere in this assertion; however, something connected to the release of the Intrepid has created a problem with the return rate of Secluded Experiments. It's so painfully obvious, I don't know what more I can do to point it out.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Hello again! Below is a screen shot taken after compilng 195 results using Lucky Explorers for the VL adventure search. I find it quite interesting. You will see that the search results for the Lucky's have so far been in line with the results I was getting prior to the release of the Intrepid. Woodcutter and VLT are the most returned adventure, followed by Storm Recovery. Secluded Experiments is the lowest returned adventure. Map frags are around 35-36%.

So all looks as it should be in the Lucky's column:

YWC 19 out of 195, 9.74%
    SE 6 out of 195, 3.08%

Let's look at the Intrepid:

Of the 100 search results since my last post there were:

YWC 2 out of 100, 2%
    SE 8 out of 100, 8%

Hmm.. no so good.

Let's look at Tavern Explorers:

Of the 69 search results since my last post there were:
    YWC 5 out of 69, 7.24%
    SE 6 out of 69, 8.69%

not so good there either!

OK, so what's the difference between the Lucky's and these other 2? The Lucky's take less than 24 hours, the other two take longer than 24 hours. Can that have some bearing on the results? We have frequent "special events" where explorers bring back enhanced loot of some sort. There must be a timer of some kind. Is it possible that the timer that was put in place for special events is adversely affecting searches lasting longer than 24 hours? BB_Alex assured us the drop rates haven't changed. I have no reason not to believe him, but can it be something totally "unrelated" that has caused this problem?

I will continue to track my results and post them here as they unfold.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    This is the last post I intend to make to this thread. Below is a screen shot of my latest stats regarding Very Long Adventure searches. I have highlighted the two adventures that have been my concern all along, Young Woodcutter & Secluded Experiments. If you go back to the very first post in this thread you'll see that my "alarm" was with the sudden increase in the number of SE's being dropped by the VL search.

The first thing I want to point out is that out of 505 searches done by Lucky Explorers the number of SE's returned falls right in line with what I expect and have repeatedly emphasized all along, that is, around 4%. Looking at the ratio of Young Woodcutter to SE it stands at 2.2:1, 42 YWC's to 19 SE's. This is closer to what I expected from this search based on previous experience. At no point in the compilation of the 505 searches has SE ever gone higher than 4%, or exceeded or matched the number of YWC's being dropped. Interesting, no?

So let's look at the Intrepid results. The total of searches and bonuses puts YWC at 16 and SE at 20, or a ratio of .8:1. After 208 search results, I retired the Intrepid from VL adventure searches and she now gathers artifacts for me.

Looking at the Tavern Explorer results, we have 15 YWC's to 15 SE's or a ratio of 1:1. As of the end of the Halloween event, my Tavern Explorers also have been retired from VL searches.

I still believe something changed with the introduction of the Intrepid Explorer, if not the drop rates themselves, then some other mechanism. Looking at the difference between Lucky Explorers that complete the search in less than 24 hours and the others who take more than 24 hours, the answer probably lies there somewhere.

Numbers don't lie. Something is rotten somewhere. Anyway, if nothing else at least now I know which explorers give better results. Luckies are more consistent with the results I was getting prior to the release of the Intrepid. So there you have it. So long and thanks for all the fish.

World
    Zeus
    IDK about anyone else, but the alarming change I have seen in the last week+ is a huge increase in map fragments coming in. Sending out 12 explorers out all day long to mostly VL searches have been all coming back with frags to the tune of almost 70%. Yeah, and NO WC in that time period as well.

Not sure if I hit a streak of bad luck or if something has changed.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I'm on, or rather just was, on a good streak. Bunch of Woodcutters with 7 on the job. I'd like to see an alarming change for RotM and SR though...bloody hell, SotV/VtV/SE don't hold a candle to that.

World
    Zeus
    I get my share of rotm, but lately, I agree, lots and lots of map frags. Id say easily 2/3 for the last month or so for the adv. searches. Was there a change in the rates that anyone is aware of?
    "My religion encompasses all religions. I believe in God, I believe in the universe. I believe you are god, I believe I am god; I believe the earth is god and the universe is god. We're all god."
    --- Ray Bradbury

Reply to Thread