Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Dev Diary - The Pathfinder

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree level 70 is too high. It's like, here is this great new fun interactive reward system, too bad most of you won't get it until after you no longer have any need for it from a resource perspective. By level 70 we will have much less use for the rewards.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    First thought: oh, this isn't a ship where my generals can hang out instead of wandering all over my island?

I guess this gives some point to get to level 70, but I'm still planning to stop at 62.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Since there will only be one week allowed to do these quests I certainly hope you make sure that completing the required quests actually lets you complete the quest. I think there has been one, maybe two, "The Good Captain" quests that have worked correctly so far and support has been very slow in fixing the problem and very fast in having the player check every working mode in their computer first along with usually more than one screenshot to prove the work is done. And never have the problems been corrected in less than a week.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    This ship . . . is it just a deco?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbo View Post
    This ship . . . is it just a deco?
    No
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Look, Evil_J is gonna get there first, so his quests won't complete lol. By the time I get there a few months at least after him.... circa 2017.... they should have it fixed. My last good captain for level 65 completed with no issues after his didn't lol...

Thougts on level:

1) Move this down to 68. Evil will get there in less than a year, almost certainly, so that seems realistic - if it takes the fastest player a year on premium from 50-68, anything higher is not very attainable for even your level 50+ players.

2) Another set of adventures, with shorter walks and elite bandits, available about level 63. Why 63? Current adventures and troops are all available at 57 with Besiegers, and there are granite, titanium, salt mines to strive for up to 62, so there is a massive gap in new content from 62 up to 75. Fill it with some shorter, high-xp adventures. Think IotP (short one directional maps, no long walks from one sector to next). I find my biggest issue with some fun adventures like 3rd Thief is the walk after taking down a leader to position myself for the next section. I know, if camps are too close together we'll block them all...

Anyway, that's enough typing for me, I need to go grind some XP so I can get to this content before my AARP card shows up in about 10-15 years.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I like the idea, and understand why you put it at level 70, but it will not be appealing for people since it will take a long, long time to get to 70. Most people will stop playing before they get to 70 so not much use for the majority of the players. The appropriate level should start from 54 or 55, and increase the reward when they level up.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I think level 70 is too high as well. I am at level 57 and just getting to the 60's is hard enough. I do play daily but just can't sit at the computer that long.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I didn't run any adventure since April 9th, I feel tired..and not care much about it. But let's assume I will start caring again and make a valiant effort to reach 70 (I am @ 64 now) then if i do that, I won't waste my time for silly quests (Pathfinder quests) that will slow me down levelling up. For what ? more beans and granite ? Put some pandas as reward and I might reconsider.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Thougts on level:

1) Move this down to 68. Evil will get there in less than a year, almost certainly, so that seems realistic - if it takes the fastest player a year on premium from 50-68, anything higher is not very attainable for even your level 50+ players.

2) Another set of adventures, with shorter walks and elite bandits, available about level 63. Why 63? Current adventures and troops are all available at 57 with Besiegers, and there are granite, titanium, salt mines to strive for up to 62, so there is a massive gap in new content from 62 up to 75. Fill it with some shorter, high-xp adventures. Think IotP (short one directional maps, no long walks from one sector to next). I find my biggest issue with some fun adventures like 3rd Thief is the walk after taking down a leader to position myself for the next section....
    +27
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread