Reply to Thread

Thread: claus and other travel times

World
    Ares

Unhappy claus and other travel times

Claus travels two minutes to adv but over an hr to return to home island. What is the purpose for this? Why not have ALL travel time cut to 2 mins there and back? What is the purpose to make everyone wait while they're trying to complete an adv? Actually, I don't understand the long processing times on anything that is being produced or updated. People will keep coming back to the game so drawing out these times serves no useful purpose in my opinion. I don't like these extreme times associated with everything that you do in the game. It gets very boring. I want to be active in everything that I'm doing in the game, not a hurry up and wait in everything instead.

I don't know how others feel about this, but for me it will probably be the reason I eventually stop playing...I've thought about it more than a few times. If it weren't for the people in my guild that I enjoy chatting with daily, I would have quit a long time ago. So it's not the aspects of the game that brings me back, it's the people that I now consider friends.

World
    Ares
    This is definitely a game of patience. That's part of its difficulty, is watching the grass grow. However, we do have options to bide our time, such as run adventures (even if you're newer to the game) and spend time on the chat tabs. Claus is intended to transport a large number of troops to an adventure in a speed boat, especially if you've screwed up something and need more troops ASAP, but will travel back on a life raft; this prevents us from using just him to send every available troop we've trained to an adventure with little time consequence. There is another quartermaster available that takes 15 minutes to and 15 minutes from adventures that also holds 1k troops.

If this game of patience isn't working out for you, maybe another style of game would be your thing. Many games that have town/island/shopping mall building start off quickly and then slow down as you progress, so this isn't a new idea. I hope you stay around and are able to visit others' islands to see what all is possible here.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AshaMey View Post
    Claus travels two minutes to adv but over an hr to return to home island. What is the purpose for this?
    Since many, many people worked very hard to get a quartermaster costing 20,000 beans, a second, easily obtainable quartermaster needed some way to make it balance out with the hard to get one. Pretty sure the reason Claus has these travel times is because he was obtainable during Christmas event for presents, which are fairly easy to get. I think BB did a good job keeping things fair for everyone. Anybody wanting a quartermaster with "better" travel times more to their liking can always work to amass 20,000 beans and buy one.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Good points all. All of which begs the question.......where are the travel time buffs?

World
    Zeus
    Slow travelling gens made some sense when the level cap was 50. With the new level being 75 it makes no sense. You could make the travel to and from a min each and it will still be years before the average settler gets to 70 or 75. Do not let the ones who are power leveling affect the rest of us please. Remove the travel timers please.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    Slow travelling gens made some sense when the level cap was 50. With the new level being 75 it makes no sense. You could make the travel to and from a min each and it will still be years before the average settler gets to 70 or 75. Do not let the ones who are power leveling affect the rest of us please. Remove the travel timers please.
    I beg BB... please please please listen to this guy.. Otherwise, Someday I might quit a second time, even though I've spent several real dollars on this game.. I just don't have time to watch the generals travel and move.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I agree - the travel time of gens is ludicrous. ... i get waiting on production.. but waiting for gens to get to an adventure is just ridiculous.. especially if you're doing a higher level adv that requires you to do multiple trips. -- send a batch - wait .. unload ONE BY ONE... send back home.. wait -- rinse and repeat.. mind bogglingly frustrating

Reply to Thread