Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quest menu wont close

Mayor
    World
    Ares

Quest menu wont close

new bug -- once i completed our guild quest i closed the quest window. but the NEXT time i opened it - it will not close. if i click on other items - nothing happens (mail, etc).. nothing works to close the quest window. Other guildies had same issue. visit other islands does not respond. visit adv - no response. refresh the window.... nope cause i have a 'new quest' collects - i opened it to pin that quest -- now it wont close again.. after the 3rd refresh - i didnt open the quest window again till had a quest completed pop up (for collects this time). i clicked complete quest and was able to close it. it seems you can ONLY close the quest window IF you have completed a quest.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    If you pin any of the quest, the quest menu won't close and you can't click on anything.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Quest menu wont close

New bug since the maintenance, the quest menu won't close if you pin any of the quests.
    You have to reload, sometimes more than once, to get rid of it.
    So don't pin any quests or you'll get stuck and wont be able to click on anything.

the new fix: TY PaulMcGann!

Click on the PvP lvl button under your avatar and the Quest menu goes away.

update: this fix caused my adv quest menu to stick open, but after reloading twice, it cleared.
    Just don't pin or unpin anything.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Had to try it, and same thing happens here.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    yup - same thing.. and unlike other bugs - you cant visit another island or adv. only refreshing the window helps.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Also don't pin the collectible quest in and adventure, same problem, quest menu gets stuck open and you have to reload.
    Mod Blue2 answered in help chat that they are forwarding the info.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    If you pin any of the quest, the quest menu won't close and you can't click on anything.
    I always have colllectables quest pinned, and it open and closed with no issues

World
    Zeus
    Well, pinning the quest is not the only thing; had quest menu that pops up in First Thief do the same thing in adventure. Had to refresh every time I completed one sub-quest in the adventure. Not cool.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I've had problems with adventures. They start out pinned (with the options icon on the right). If I refresh for any reason, when I return they are unpinned (no icon). And you can't pin them because that locks up the game. So I end up having to go into the quest book to visit my adventure.

And the new feature for returning gens to the star is really only useful to avoid needing space for both regular generals and PvP marshals. You have to have the space available anyway for regular generals to be able to load them. But at least you can move the PvP marshals off your island. And if you want them back, then you can move a few regular gens into the star temporarily to make room

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    I always have colllectables quest pinned, and it open and closed with no issues

This appears to be the only quest you can have pinned without a problem now... anything else you pin stays pinned and does not let you do anything else besides logout. lol
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread