Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sophisticated Pillager does not appear to work on many Adventures.

World
    Zeus

Sophisticated Pillager does not appear to work on many Adventures.

1. The Sophisticated Pillager Skill (hereafter referred to as, 'SP') which can be applied to Explorers of all types in TSO, is one of four top-tier (Codex required and all previous 20 books need to have been applies) skills that can be applied - and is the only top-tier skill that is useful for Adventure Search trained Explorers.

In the Explorer Skill Tree, the SP description defines it as, "Grants a 30% chance to receive an Adventure bonus quest. Completing the Adventure with the bonus quest will give additional rewards." See screenshot #1 on the link below.

It can be noted that the explorers trained in SP, DO return bonus quests for adventures that were in existence at the time that the science system was rolled out. It appears that all of the adventures (including coops and scenarios) added after the release of the Science system to TSO do not have bonus quests. In screenshots #2 - 4. you can see 3 examples of recent returns of my explorers with the SP skill, who not only returned adventures/Coop/Scenarios but activated the SP skill, yet in my quest book, no such bonus quest was issued.

http://imgur.com/a/EYoT5

A list of adventures that do not currently return bonus quests are (but not limited to) are:
    • All Scenarios.
    • All Cooperation Adventures.
    • All Follow-Up Adventures.
    • VLT.
    • Wood Cutter.
    It would be my contention that all adventures returned by the appropriate explorer who returns any adventure AND activates the SP skill, should activate a skill bonus for the adventure in question.

I look forward to a reply to this ongoing issue. If BB is working on them, please state that and I'll relent and hold on pending the resolution. I know you all have a lot going on, and most of it is really good, but please fix some of the 'older' issues that are still lingering.

On a side note, I have made a few observations over time regarding the SP skill and made some deductions on its current implementation, please review and confirm or correct my deductions:
    1. Regardless of the number of SP trained Explorers returning, only ONE (1) Bonus Skill for a specific adventure can be in a player's quest book. (Unlike Daily Quests where it is possible, however rare, to have multiple identical Daily Quests)
    2. In addition to the limit of ONE (1) Bonus Skill per adventure listed in the above statement, no more than FOUR (4) Bonus Skill quests can be collected in a player's quest book.
    Thanks again for any and all consideration to my requests.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I can back up the first, that you cannot get multiple bonus skill quests for the same adventure. However, you can have more than four different bonus skill quests in the quest book at one time.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    I can back up the first, that you cannot get multiple bonus skill quests for the same adventure. However, you can have more than four different bonus skill quests in the quest book at one time [...]
    Nice. Thanks for that info; can update my little blue book. I suppose I may not have seen more than 4 since my (properly scienced) Explorer's have not performed anything shorter than Long searches in a long time; and have done nothing but Extra Long searches since I have been able (few months?).

Your info looks like it supports the main thrust of my inquiry as well: No Bonus Quests exist for adventures added to TSO after the inclusion of the Science System. Much appreciated info.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Hello,

Thank you for your reports. This is has been forwarded to our Team for further review.

Best,
    BB_Sarrunah

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Sarrunah View Post
    [...] Thank you for your reports. This is has been forwarded to our Team for further review. [...]
    Thank you very much.

For reference, I have also submitted [Ticket#US-2016060112000061] RE: Sophisticated Pillager Skill n [...] on this matter.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Hi, BB_Aeyline, I know this started before you took the reigns, but could you do a follow-up on this? Support suggested that there was some activity on it, but both Sarrunah and Endesmor are gone now. Thanks.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    My Intrepid Explorer finally triggered this skill the 2nd time since I got her....some demotivational skill I tell you.

World
    Zeus
    I can confirm this is happening to me. Thanks for the thorough explaination Raubhautz. Hopefully, this will merit some attention from the devs.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I don't see the need for them to have Quests for the Scenarios or the Mini Adventures or maybe not even the Co-ops. They should have them for the Fairy Tales and Ali Baba adventures though and any other new adventures.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I've already spent close to 5k gems to take full books out of my explorers, because there seemed no point in waiting for BB to fix the skill tree since the expansion pack was released.. The skills which were effectively non effective, meant plenty of loss while BB takes years to fix it, or offer free refunds like free island moves.
    If BB does offer such thing in a reasonable amount of time.. while good, I'd find it unfair that I had to spend a lot of gems to get around the issue introduced the expansion.

Reply to Thread