Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sophisticated Pillager does not appear to work on many Adventures.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    I don't see the need for them to have Quests for the Scenarios or the Mini Adventures or maybe not even the Co-ops. They should have them for the Fairy Tales and Ali Baba adventures though and any other new adventures.
    Don't see the need? The skill claims to have it in the description, it should have it. If anyone does not see the need, then don't apply the skill, use your science in other areas. They should be giving us what we spent time and resources on, not half way there stuff.

World
    Zeus

Full House!

We can put this thread to rest currently! All thirty-seven (37) Adventures/Coops/Scenarios that Explorer's can find in their adventure searches do have Bonus Quests now for those skilled with Sophisticated Pillager!

Nice work, BB!

“Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Now if there would only be more than 2 useful ones for that investment ^^v

I'd like to see a wild card bonus that, for example, let's you do a follow up to FT/Baba instead of just VLT/Woodcutter. As it stands now, along with my, eh what is it now, 1+years(?) of seeing this skill at work, I'm overwhelmingly unimpressed.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Now if there would only be more than 2 useful ones for that investment ^^v

I'd like to see a wild card bonus that, for example, let's you do a follow up to FT/Baba instead of just VLT/Woodcutter. As it stands now, along with my, eh what is it now, 1+years(?) of seeing this skill at work, I'm overwhelmingly unimpressed.
    Well, I'll do something I don't do very often and sort of come to the defense of BB/TSO here. For us at higher levels, sure, there are really only 2 we all want, then about 2-5 more that others (me included) like as well (I do run RB and SE still with semi-regularity, plus I run RotM daily, so those are nice). however, the other adventures are not an issue for us as we normally do not search short, medium or possibly long any more, though lower levels probably do. For the adventures we do run, this bonus is adequate (imho) (for the FT, AB and Epics to be sure). I would not mind a Monte Hall-sh distribution, but we all know that will not happen.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Well, I'll do something I don't do very often and sort of come to the defense of BB/TSO here. For us at higher levels, sure, there are really only 2 we all want, then about 2-5 more that others (me included) like as well (I do run RB and SE still with semi-regularity, plus I run RotM daily, so those are nice). however, the other adventures are not an issue for us as we normally do not search short, medium or possibly long any more, though lower levels probably do. For the adventures we do run, this bonus is adequate (imho) (for the FT, AB and Epics to be sure). I would not mind a Monte Hall-sh distribution, but we all know that will not happen.
    I can say that there is some things in the works for the higher level people coming soon.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Well, I'll do something I don't do very often and sort of come to the defense of BB/TSO here.
    Yes, it happens sometimes haha

I am more "complaining" about it being a top tier perk, meaning the investment to get there is steep, yet the skill itself is fairly under powered. Taking RB/DB/SE/BK are sort of alright, except it comes "too late". The skill is L50, 6k XP would've been handy as a side bonus to get in the 40+ range, the resource bonus is modest I suppose, at least for those listed. Don't get me started on RotM or most any of the low level adventures. I think I'd be okay with this skill as it is now, if, those bonus quests would stack, aka "Bonus: Secluded Experiment (8)" or something like that, so you can cash in the bonus 8x for running it once...provided the skill triggered often enough. I have yet to run an Arctic Explosion, but 50 Granny/50 ewl/250XP isn't going to move my lazy bum to bother (nevermind it being outleveled for me). On the other hand, I could at least start to consider Storm Recovery then if I get to stack some of those, at least once one could eventually break even instead of a net loss.

But Odhran says something is in the works, I'm looking forward to the inception facepalm ^^v

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Yes, it happens sometimes haha

I am more "complaining" about it being a top tier perk, meaning the investment to get there is steep, yet the skill itself is fairly under powered [...]

But Odhran says something is in the works, I'm looking forward to the inception facepalm ^^v
    I understand that argument, just when you compare it to the other's available for Explorer's (and factor in that adventuring is a staple to this game) it is a slam-dunk. I mean with the exception of Artifact Searches (ofc mando on Lucky Explorer's), Bean-A-Colada is a joke (Seriously, coal, iron ore, beans and guild coins -- all worthless in qty dropped if you run any adventures what-so-ever), and Streetwise Negotiator tops even that! If you actually activate Streetwise Negotiator, your reward is either 5 or 10 units of the resource?! Really? and as you mentioned, these are top-tier skills. Easily Sophisticated Pillager is a good complement for the non-Lucky Explorers.

Agreed, am looking forward to the things in the works....
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread