Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Feedback: Summer Soccer Event Dev Diary

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Aeyline View Post
    Hi guys!

Due to the confusion regarding this, please take note that tactical buffs will be removed (to remove: to take (something) away from a place, to cause (something) to no longer exist).

Thank you!

BB_Aeyline
    This above is confusing because a lot of players are familiar with English.

If I remove a stain from my shirt I destroy the stain (cause it to no longer exist), if I remove a misbehaving child from the room I do not destroy the child (they can come back later.) Context usually helps (stain vs child) but in the case of a few lines in a Diary combined with the history of how event items are handled there is plenty of room left for questions.

It's also well known that changelogs and Dev Diaries aren't always perfectly accurate in their use of English, and sometimes the information in them isn't perfectly accurate. Players know this and that's why questions are asked.

Is the language accurate? Is it certain the information is correct? Confirming the info, for both buffs and collectibles, and rephrasing to clear up any confusion is more effective than repeating the same phrase or term over and over.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Thambetochen View Post
    ... if I remove a misbehaving child from the room I do not destroy the child (they can come back later.) ...

That reminds me of a great horoscope from The Onion.

"You'll soon discover that the hardest thing for a parent is to lose a child, as not only are there many authority figures who will try extremely hard to return them, the little bastards are quite resourceful on their own."
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    It just seems to me that you guys are very stingy and greedy.
    Would it kill you to be a little generous?

Reply to Thread