Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Player Guidelines - Lootspots

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Back in the day we had BB telling us to trade lootspots at our own risk.
    What happened to that rule?
    Excerpt from Magenta's initial post:

Quote Originally Posted by mod_Magenta View Post
    There have been requests from players for guidelines regarding lootspots. Currently, the mechanics of lootspots are not directly supported in game, and are entirely a player convention * * * While these terms cannot be enforced by the moderator staff * * *
    So, to answer your question......nothing apparently.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkjon View Post
    Excerpt from Magenta's initial post:

So, to answer your question......nothing apparently.
    Then why the discussion?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Then why the discussion?
    Because you asked a question. Didn't appear to be rhetorical so I answered it.

World
    Zeus
    I am thinking that ES' question was directed at the Thread, not the post.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    I am thinking that ES' question was directed at the Thread, not the post.
    Fair enough, that's a reasonable interpretation. So I'll offer an answer to the question in that light as well. The reason for the "discussion" as noted in the first thread in the post, is an increase in player reports as a result of lootspot issues, which as we ALL KNOW, BB does not support or enforce. Magenta asked for PLAYER CREATED conventions, that WOULD NOT be enforced by BB, to help everyone get on the same page and make things run a bit smoother for everyone. Some folks have a problem with that, some don't. Hence the discussion :-)

World
    Zeus
    Thanks!

World
    Zeus

Adventure Invitation Changes (Feb 21, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Aeyline View Post
    Change Log February 21st, 2017

NEW FEATURES
    • You can now cancel adventure invitations for invited players, as well as leave an adventure you were invited to.
    Food for thought based on the upcoming changes:
    • What does it mean when an invitation is sent, and then revoked by the sender?
    • What will happen now with loot spots when a player can leave someone else's adventure after joining?

While we would need to know more about the 'nuts and bolts' mechanics, such as what is awarded to player after the leave an adventure (experience only as is the current results of ending an adventure?) and if player can be replaced after an invitation is revoked or a player quits the game, surely these issues will require some changes in how loot spots are handled between players.
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by mod_Magenta View Post
    Food for thought based on the upcoming changes:
    • What does it mean when an invitation is sent, and then revoked by the sender?
    • What will happen now with loot spots when a player can leave someone else's adventure after joining?
    *1 That would mean a full refund is expected, and "cancelled" is a better word than "revoked" in that instance.
    It could be something unexpected, an emergency, or just needing to freshen up so to speak...for a continual abuse see below

*2 That would be handled as late arrives and no-shows are handled now, waiting a reasonable time, loss of payment
    and server blacklisting depending. Most in TO with spots are reasonable and honorable. It doesn't take long for us to
    isolate and weed out the riff-raff. And as always anyone not familiar can ask at anytime about the spots and what's required and expected.
    Not much to think about really
    "I am who I am and that's all that I am"
    famous sailor

Teach a man to fish and he "borrows" all your gear. Sell a man a fish and he's the one who gets the witch tower

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Like so many other things in this game good guilds handle the education of there players in the way of the game, including trading. Other guilds just turn their players loose and that's when you get issues with un-knowledgeable people floundering in trade and elsewhere

Reply to Thread