Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Guidelines - Lootspots

World
    Zeus

Player Guidelines - Lootspots

There have been requests from players for guidelines regarding lootspots. Currently, the mechanics of lootspots are not directly supported in game, and are entirely a player convention. The general statement regarding adventures from the player-created activities guidelines is as follows:

Selling of Adventure Participation.
    The code of conduct does not regulate how a player assigns participation in an adventure. Public trade offers relating to this activity should be posted in the trade channel. The contents of the trades posted are the responsibility of the players.
    There have also been a requests for more self-policing (or self-moderating) in game. As lootspots are a player convention and generally outside the Code of Conduct except in a few rare cases, it would seem to be an ideal area where self-policing could be attempted. As such, I would like to open the discussion regarding the conventions of lootspots. These should include the definitions of agreed on terms and abbreviations, such as RTF (Ready to Finish), FF (Fast Finish), WTF (Waiting to Finish), and how they apply regarding appropriate completion times for both the buyer and seller. It should also include when the purchase price should be refunded by the seller and when it should be forfeited by the buyer, as well as when the participants should complete the adventure without the consensus of the parties involved. While these terms cannot be enforced by the moderator staff and the Code of Conduct rules regarding publicly denouncing do still apply, they should help reduce the disruptive friction that does occur from time to time when a problem arises.

Please use this thread to discuss the definitions and conventions. I will attempt to distill what is posted into a summary document that will be available in the forums for later reference.

Happy Settling.
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    slippery slope this one......start setting rules for LSs and ppl will go nuts, they have always been a trust and reputation thing. it's been a common sense thing, no guild tag or someone you've never seen, don't buy. once you start regulating LSs eventually you'll be setting prices in TO. it's an open market subject to scamming just like in the real world, think enough of the hand holding is going on already

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i think lootspots should be left alone or alot of ppl will quit

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with Troll. there is no need to regulate the LS. I am not even sure why this thread has been created unless BB and the mods don't have enough to do - here's a hint: fix all the glitches this game has before attempting (once again) to "fix" something that DOES NOT need fixing.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I don't know why this is coming up, but seeing as how it is..

1) Mods and BB are not setting rules for lootspots, THEY DON'T SUPPORT THEM!!! To me this means they have been asked so many times about it that they are trying to come up with player-tailored conventions for players to follow, not rules to enforce.

2) Isn't this usually mostly done anyway in terms of RTF, WTF and FF. (which more or less mean the same kind of thing, bring a fast gen, i need to finish this adventure ASAP). Trade tab is self-regulating as it is, what are you trying to change here?

3) As far as timings go, that is entirely up to the person selling the LS. Whether you say RTF or not, it is up to you whether you wait for them or refund them back or not as far as what makes sense. (Usually contacting a guild mate of theirs if you know it and are willing to wait a little longer than 15 mins)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Troll-Phu said it perfectly. I have *never* had a problem selling or buying a loot spot. Mistakes have been made and they were quickly rectified between the players involved. Enough of the BB meddling. The Trade Tab was created for us, and we are using it appropriately. If you don't like the deals offered, don't buy!
    Proud leader of Eden, where everyone is accepted and respected, regardless of playing level. Write me for a free membership!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i am guessing that lots of posted tickets to BBs about lootspots gone bad is the reason for this thread. no matter what changes happen in the game, happy and content people will adapt their way through it and make the best of things. those that have too many bad days and like to share the bad karma soup that they seem to be constantly cooking? -their problems and discontent will continue. buy ls's, don't buy ls's, be understanding, or let selfishness overwhelm you and all things in your life including your gaming? no worries is best route methinks

World
    Zeus
    This is just what we needed. First a non-response on "small talk" and now they want to tackle loot spots too. And the language "it would seem to be an ideal area where self-policing could be attempted"! Is this some kind of newfangled invention that we've never tried before?

If BB really wants to do something about this, then put LS into the official list of commodities so we can trade them just like ore or buildings. More than half the posts in trade chat are about trading loot spots and yet we have no official means of trading them and have to rely on this contrivance of selling an expensive fish.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I also agree with Troll -- there are already too many rules to this game and too many changes. Anymore ridiculous changes too many people will leave the game and that doesn't bode well.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think a discussion should at least include an option for those who find themselves trapped by other players in Adventures/Loot Spots that have not concluded in a agreed upon timely manner. We have learned, and mostly do not do, CO-OP adventures for this very reason. If another player is inconsiderate of another and not timely in conclusion, they cause a great deal of lost time in playing the game. Not to mention starts a "ill will" towards playing with this player in future. Is that necessarily a good thing? This player thinks not.

The game is better played with a understanding that each player has a goal and each player intends to play upon agreed to parameters. In gaming, the top goal is to move forward as quickly as possible in all action. Thus, receiving the benefits of obtaining that goal and moving forward to the next. When obstructed, one becomes bitter to the effect. This game is not called: "Kill Everyone and Destroy Everything." It is called: "THE" Settlers Online. Working together towards common goal is in my opinion, what this game is all about.

If a out can be some how given to a player that has exceeded waiting for host to conclude the adventure/loot spot. This player thinks that that alone is all that is required to be able to conclude a players goal and move on. The necessity to patrol actions taken by all players in reference to adventures I believe, would only yet again, hinder the goal of getting the task completed in a timely manner.

Reply to Thread