Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expedition XP

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Expedition XP

I noticed an old thread talking about how expedition xp in colonies are only for actual kills and not given for the whole sector when the leader is taken down (as you would in any adventure or main island).
    Any way, in that thread they gave some xp earned per unit stats that differ from wiki's. For example:
    Unit Name ; Thread XP ; Wiki XP
    recruit ; 1 ; 2
    longbow ; 3 ; 2
    thug ; 2 ; 3
    cav ; 2 ; 3

My experience looks closer to the thread's.

I guess this is more a question for a BB, but...

What are the correct xp's gained????

and a 2nd question . . .

What happened to valor points? Used to be that we got x# of valor points for y# of xp - now I don't get any.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    They sure beat spending an hour plus on an adventure watching your generals walk agonizingly slow across the overly huge map.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    First, you do get experience for all troops in the sector when you kill a leader now.

Second, as near as I can tell, the experience goes as follows: Recruits and Player placed troops - 1; Thug, Bowman, and Cavalry - 2; Longbow and Roughneck - 3.

Third, the lack of Valor Points is probably just a bug, not that it matters much, since they are pretty much worthless anyway once you get the 5th general and possibly the expedition quartermaster if you play the larger, higher tiered maps.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by troll-phu View Post
    bb is considering a new reward......called shame points. As in shame on you for still doing these
    rotflmao
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    They sure beat spending an hour plus on an adventure watching your generals walk agonizingly slow across the overly huge map.
    +1
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    XP is pretty much just 1/2/3, that topic you read probably had me in there ranting, if that's the one, the numbers I listed there should be accurate (unless changed that is), as I literally just killed the specific unit in question and checked what XP I got for it. Somebody did a more detailed look at it and came to the conclusion that farming XP killing the Tier 3 dudes would be the most effective, but as it stands...it pretty much is 1 for the scrub unit, 2 for most everything else as well as player defense mercs and 3 for the T3 dudes.

You do get XP for the entire sector now though, that eventually got changed for the better, albeit most everything else about expeditions is on cracked crutches without so much of a bandaid.

At this stage I wish I could remove that entire thing from the game and every mention in the forum will be hidden....but magic ain't a thing :/

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    BB is considering a new reward......called shame points. as in shame on you for still doing these
    +! - Did not realize folks still did these.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    It's pretty much the bulk of what I do now. I'm just trying to get to exp lvl 30.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the responses! I guess BB is telling me that valor is only when another player is involved (attacking or defending) - I guess I never noticed that before. I don't see a lot of player owned colonies and usually go for the non-owned anyway as I don't want to take someone's resources (these don't pay for themselves even after a week).

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Oh yea, Valor points are only from player "vs" player interactions, taking over bandit colonies doesn't yield any.

Also am I the only one "upset" there not being a bonus for actually having been able to keep your colony for the entire week?

Reply to Thread