Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Farmyard coming soon

Noble
    World
    Ares

New Farmyard coming soon

Similar to Epic wood yard building, a new Farmyard building is soon coming to live servers. It seems the developers are trying to help new players upcoming in levels. This building is a simple solution to produce farm related resources (grain, water, flour, bread) in one package.

Players who play casually and run a couple adventures a week will just produce enough of what they need using this building without the need to acquire the new and very pricey improved buildings (farm, silos, watermills). The fact that this epic yard is obtainable and upgradeable through a chain of adventures and not on sale for gems speaks to the devs idea behind it.

However, this building is not as efficient and fast as each of the improved production shops on its own (slower turn around). So, if you play more often and need more than what this epic yard can provide you either need to build those shops to supplement the epic yard production or continue to shop on TO.

For those of us who already have improved grain production it might not be as appealing. Than again, it looks like it was design not to replace the improved chains but to provide new players with easy solution to the game demands in terms of resources needed to run adventures (especially large troop demands of Fairy Tales adventures).

Seen from this perspective – I think it is a very good idea overall. It doesn't make the new improved farms, silos and mills obsolete (they are still faster and more efficient), but gives new players an easier entrance into higher levels.

Great job Developers. If you could come up with some long term buff for this building (preferably made in our provision house) say 24 or 48 hrs – that would be just cherry on the top.
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I've already achieved perfect balance in grain and excess in flour, water, and bread. That said, this is a good thing.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'd use it for extra water or grain even though I don't really need more of either of those at this time since those have no input resource, but the problem I have with the current workyard is the lack of buffs. I mostly just run that for foresters.

World
    Zeus
    Just want to point out that a player has to be level 58 to get and run the adventure chain that awards the epic farmyard. So it'll help new players that have been very busy running adventures.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    since todays maintenance, a level 5 farmyard is much more efficient than mills/bakeries, not more levelled with the improved buildings (farms, silos, watermills and friary), didnt do the math on all, but it seems to be good replacement for mills and bakers, more efficient than the other buildings if you already have the improved ones

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Meh... At level 58 I will have probably no need for it at all. Especially, when there are no decent buffs for it. Like it happened with the exotic woodyard. I bought it, set it up and realized after 30 seconds with calculator, yes it does save space, but with no buffs for it (6 hrs is just a joke) I am better off doing it old style - regular wood cutters and sawmills at level 6 buffed with grill buff.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumz View Post
    Meh... At level 58 I will have probably no need for it at all. Especially, when there are no decent buffs for it. Like it happened with the exotic woodyard. I bought it, set it up and realized after 30 seconds with calculator, yes it does save space, but with no buffs for it (6 hrs is just a joke) I am better off doing it old style - regular wood cutters and sawmills at level 6 buffed with grill buff.
    +1 - Completely agree. Woodyard is more efficient for what services it provides, but is only realized if buffed... and soups/chants do not cut it.

Only other issue with these new 'yards' is size/layout... hard to place where there is enough contiguous space.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    We are rapidly moving towards nothing selling in the TO and no need to buy anything with gems. But it'll also take 100 years to get to level 50 and all the cash in the real world won't be able to change that. When I started playing here all those years ago I used to try to get everyone I played with in games to play here with me. Now I warn everyone not to start.

They really need an effective business plan and one they stick to rather than willy nilly seems like a good idea today and tomorrow we'll do something totally different and whacked out not caring about how those changes effects the games of their long term customers.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltybeing View Post

They really need an effective business plan and one they stick to rather than willy nilly seems like a good idea today and tomorrow we'll do something totally different and whacked out not caring about how those changes effects the games of their long term customers.
    I agree.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Ares
    This really has me hopping mad because I just completely gave up on any hopes of EVER reaching level 50 this morning and shut down weapon production, food production and all of my fisherman to at least be able to sale brew and marble to lower level peeps and help them and then come here to find this. This just adds to that feeling we can't do ANYTHING in this not a game piece of...I guess the only thing left to do here is start producing stop production buffs and mess with people and vent our frustration on the forum with just how bad they are treating paying customers in game or used to pay. I haven't paid one dime since they took those cash items I purchased out of my account and called me a cheater for making those purchases.

Reply to Thread