Reply to Thread

Thread: Battles: I think I have an overwhelming force and preview says I'll lose, why?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Battles: I think I have an overwhelming force and preview says I'll lose, why?

I have a general with 166 . They each have 60 for attack damage so they have a combined total of 9960 attack damage. I'm attacking a bandit camp with 200 Rangers with 10 hit points each. Even with an accuracy of 80%, a single volley from my longbows should completely destroy the Rangers. When then does the preview say I'll lose?

Thanks!

World
    Zeus
    Not that it makes a difference, but to clear up damage, your 166 LB will deal (approximately) 80% damage of 60 and the other 20% damage of 30; either of which is good enough to kill a Ranger.

Bottom line is this: Your LB have 10 HP each, and the Rangers deal the same 30-60 damage; since LB and Rangers both attack with normal initiative, they essentially fire simultaneously, you will kill 166 Rangers with the 200 Rangers killing all your LB.

Best to use a mix of first strikers on Rangers (using a MMA general would help a lot) like Cavalry; 106R and 94C should win. MMA will make it even nicer.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    well also don't forget your Long bows don't have splash damage so your 166 will only attack 166 rangers, killing all 166. the over kill damage will not affect the others.
    best attack would be more like 60 recruits, 140 cav with max 60 rec lost
    But as he said a MMA would kill everything with no loses with 220 cav
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If you're new to combat, make sure you watch the replays of your battles to get a feel for the order of attacks. Also, don't just use the in-game preview, use a combat simulator, such as www.settlerscombatsimulator.com

Reply to Thread