Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Halloween 2016

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    Are the decorations quest rewards because I do not see them in the shop? Nor do I see the Ouija board buff.

Other than that I think the adventures giving refills instead of pumpkins is going to annoy people. I am assuming the fields will be taken away at phase 1 like last year and if you are adventuring up until the last day all those refills will be wasted as there is no time to harvest them. Food for thought.
    THIS.

Seriously, once you manage to accumulate enough refills for your patches to last through the event, what good are the refills? I can see a market for them early on, but then I see that market going south FAST as the number of people who have enough refills increases.

Also, as the end of the event approaches, what good is a refill at all? If a patch can't convert it into a pumpkin, it's pretty useless. This sort of ruins the opportunity for 11th hour premium runs to gather enough for a certain reward.

All in all, I like the idea of the refills but either I am missing something or the end of the event is gonna be a big letdown.

World
    Zeus
    Folks! This is a strategy game! Build, buy or borrow what resources you need WHILE you need them... all about planning, some guessing and some luck. Why should the game spell everything out to us without err? If it was, it would no longer be strategy but a coloring book where you connect the dots and fill in the lines.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Folks! This is a strategy game! Build, buy or borrow what resources you need WHILE you need them... all about planning, some guessing and some luck. Why should the game spell everything out to us without err? If it was, it would no longer be strategy but a coloring book where you connect the dots and fill in the lines.
    but I like coloring..........

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    but I like coloring..........
    At least connect the dots Troll

And well said Raubhautz

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Done some BK on test, most the time only drop 6 refill and sometimes 24.

According to math(done by someone else), need 2k+ refills to keep all 9 cemeteries running 24/7 for 2 weeks, so I doubt refill will be worthless.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    what will happen leftover refills after event or can they be tradable during event?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Library View Post
    what will happen leftover refills after event or can they be tradable during event?
    Sneak peak says they are traded in for coins after the event. But yes, refills are tradeable.
    One army. Pretty please.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by lastsw View Post
    Done some BK on test, most the time only drop 6 refill and sometimes 24.

According to math(done by someone else), need 2k+ refills to keep all 9 cemeteries running 24/7 for 2 weeks, so I doubt refill will be worthless.

Refills take TIME to pay off. Refills beyond what your patches can use have no value to the person acquiring them except as a trade good. At 20 days of usage, I have it at around 2700 refills needed for the patches. So - once I have 2700 worth of refills the only value they have to me is to trade them for - you got it - pumpkins. The people who need those refills the most are the ones who are going to be least able to offer pumpkins for them. So I see this event as greatly favoring the players who HAVE stuff already.

And as the event goes on longer, those refills will have less and less market value - unless the patches are going to continue to consume/produce during the removal phases after refills are no longer being placed into the market. There NEEDS to be a time gap between when refills are no longer entering the market and when they can no longer be of use.

Otherwise, I offer this for thought: If removal begins on 11/08/16 and your noble patches have more than 35 pumpkins in them apiece (about what they can use up in a day, at 40:16 per cycle) - why exactly would you run any adventure on 11/08 at all, event-wise? Your only hope would be to sell off any refills to WHO? Who is going to buy them? Extrapolate backwards by date depending on how fast you can collect refills to determine when the event will be effectively over for you, personally.

As more and more players reach the tipping point on refills, there will be more and more refills becoming available, thereby creating an ever-expanding group of players who don't need refills to finish out the event. The tipping point will be easily reached. And the shorter the time frame remaining, the lower the market need for pumpkins will fall.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I'm very disappointed that adventures won't give pumpkins this year. For me, pumpkin patches are too fussy and time-consuming. I had only been playing about a month last year when the Halloween event started - it was my first event in this game - and I remember being so glad when the pumpkin patches finally died and I could stop spending time on them. There are a lot of things I want in this year's event, and I am trying to figure out how much I can expect to get without pumpkin patches because I really, really don't want to waste time on them again.

Higher level players helped me a lot in last Halloween's event by giving me lootspots and I was looking forward to being able to help the lower levels in the same way this year. But at this point, I can't see any reason to do adventures at all if they aren't going to give pumpkins. Refills will be useless to me if I decide not to have the pumpkin patches.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    In my first event, I had also just started, and I just plopped down buildings wherever. When I realized there was a more efficient way to organize the island, the pumpkin patches were in the way, so in that respect they annoyed me because I had to wait for them to go away before I could start moving stuff. Since then, I like them, though.

Reply to Thread