Reply to Thread

Thread: Still a need for Community Leaders, there is void that needs filled

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Still a need for Community Leaders, there is void that needs filled

Salutations,

First a thanks goes out to the successful addition of the Mod program that has been successful in policing the global chats. I wear ever Tuesday my "Love a Mod Today" button.

But ........ I still feel there is a void that needs filled. BB_Rawren ended the Community leader program with intent of improving the program and then selecting some Community Leaders by popular vote and some by direct selection as per below. Projects were being looked at, to be assigned to the Community Leaders to focus on. I see so many new players try the game, get overwhelmed or frustrated at the game pace and quickly fall out of the game. We do have good samaritans that do try to live in the help tab awaiting new players to stumble in for a veteran to help, but sometimes the tab is vacant, and they go away lost. I believe an immediate need is for the reinstatement of community leader program to assist new players in making it through the first initial week or so in the game to reduce the probability of player dropout. BB_Rawren had listed other potential projects in a past forum post, but I believe this is the greatest need. I remember countless times CL_Meloor, CL_RomanGodCamper, CL_Immaduck, and other Cls helped players overcome struggles in the game on the Zeus server, and I tip my hat for all they did. Meloor left for Ares, and RGC is on seldom now, but I see Immaduck still fulfilling the original intent of the CL program and helps any new player in need.

I hope the reinstatement of the program will be reconsidered, as BB_Rawren had planned. We need new players and retention of existing players for game longevity.

Thanks

Community Leader Program Revamp

We announced the Community Leader program with the intention of creating that something serves the community with special projects and events. Our Community Leaders have worked tirelessly to help out players in Zeus and Ares - everything from helping new players to communicating issues with our community management team. There has been a lot of good that's come out of the Community Leader program and we are proud of our accomplishments. However, we've been receiving consistent feedback from the community about changes you would like to see with the program. Due to this feedback, we have decided to make some changes.

Please read below to hear more about the program and how it will be changing.

Your feedback: There was no restriction on how long a Community Leader could remain in the program. This resulted in the Community Leader program being capped at 10, with little fluidity in the roster for new players to join the group.

What’s Changing: Community Leaders will serve for a period of three consecutive months. During this time, they will be asked to focus on a single community-based project and will receive assistance from the community management team. After the three month period, new Community Leaders will be elected to tackle new projects and/or assist with old projects. *Some have noted that three months may not be long enough to complete a project. If this is the case, extensions will be issued on a case by case basis.*

Your feedback: Upon induction, Community Leaders received a CL_ in front of their name and a text color change to green. Due to this chat color difference, they were taken as stand-ins for BB and held to the same standards that are placed on the BB team. Community Leaders are players first, but the green text effectively pushed them into acting as peer mediators, chat moderators and support stand-ins.

What’s Changing: Community Leaders are not chat moderators and they are not the support team. Any and all chat or game related issues should be escalated through the proper channels to our Support team via ticket creation or within the forums. To emphasize this, Community Leaders will no longer have a green chat color or the CL_ tag.

Your feedback: Community Leaders had to be 18 or older due to the necessity of an NDA and the use of Skype channels to communicate.

What’s Changing: Community Leaders will no longer have an age-restriction. Players of all ages can participate and discussion with BB will take place primarily in the forums or in-game.

Your feedback: Originally, Community Leaders could not have any infractions on their account.

What’s Changing: All players are able to positively contribute to the TSO community, despite a history of infractions. The Community Leader application will no longer require a player to have zero infractions on his or her account. However, the infraction history of a player will still be taken into consideration by the community management team during the process.

Your feedback: Community Leaders were capped at five players per server, for a total of 10 CLs.

What’s Changing: Community Leader projects are meant to be beneficial to all players regardless of server; therefore, the program will be capped at three players total. These three players will serve as Community Leaders for a total of three months, wherein they will complete or make progress on their projects and new Community Leaders will be elected for the next term.

Your feedback: Open nominations were held, but the final decision of who became a Community Leader was left up to the community management team.

What’s Changing: Since the application requires a project concept, the nomination system will no longer work effectively. Players interested in becoming Community Leaders will be asked to fill out an application. That application will enter into a moderation queue where the community management team will assess the concept to determine that it is feasible and realistic. If it is not approved, it will be sent back to the player for revisions. If approved, it will enter into a public thread where players can vote on their favorite projects. Two of the three CL's will be accepted into the program based on popular vote. One CL will be community management choice. Additionally, the community management team will still reserve the right to veto any elections.

Your Feedback: The name of the program, Community Leaders, did not adequately reflect what the program was about.

What's Changing: The name of the program will be changing. Feel free to leave a suggestion of a new name in the comments below. Five will be chosen by the community team and then a player poll will be opened to determine the final name.

The following changes will go into effect immediately: CL_ tags will be removed and green text will be removed.

We will open the applications next week with more detailed information and a poll will be opened to choose the new name.

Please bear in mind that since this is a new program, it may be subject to some changes or alterations. We hope that this program will grow with the community and give players the ability to make and encourage positive changes within the community.

Last edited by BB_Rawren; 06-03-14 at 09:36 pm

immaduck
    Thank you for the nice post however I do not believe they will bring back the Community leader program. I would love to be considered for a Community Representative if allowed or any form of Leadership. This game means so much to me. I am so glad to help others when possible.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Don't even know what's it going to help. Just have more people of status lingering around or not doesn't matter, if you aren't there you aren't there.

I'd like to give feedback about problems I am seeing and having in this regard, but since that would require me to talk about mods I'll withold said feedback. Also the reason why I've withdrawn from global and help tab and just leave people answering simple questions in their misery, most often alone or in the wrong hands altogether, just in the past week I've seen a dozen "all lights are green but it's not completing" getting all the wrong help you could've imagined. Too bad I guess, I'm fairly active and also on a different timezone, so I used to fill a big hole during night times.

World
    Ares
    Hi guys!

At this time, there are no plans to reinstate the CL Program. As always, please fell free to contact me directly if you have any concerns.

See you in-game,

BB_Aeyline

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    well BB if you decide to start a Community Troll Program (CT_Troll-Phu) is your guy!!!!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by immaduck View Post
    Thank you for the nice post however I do not believe they will bring back the Community leader program. I would love to be considered for a Community Representative if allowed or any form of Leadership. This game means so much to me. I am so glad to help others when possible.
    +1 for Immaduck as CL

-1 for the 3 month limitation
    I think CLs who are actually helpful and whatnot should be kept in that role, rather than replacing them so often.

World
    Zeus
    +1
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    come on guys, it was an epic fail then and most likely another epic fail now. besides if they made CLs again who would be left writing in regular text color?

Reply to Thread