Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Letter Writing Day

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My favorite generals,

The notorious Nords have build camps on an island nearby us. They are probably planning to attack us. Little do they realize that their landings did not go unnoticed. Please gather the necessary troops and be ready for an all-out invasion and we will destroy them. Quartermaster Claus be ready to take additional troops at a moments notice, your speed is necessary at times. Lord Dracul you may go as well. I know you have been complaining that your blood bank is getting low. Get transports ready now. Taven generals you will be doing some blocking so be prepared.

This time, they will be the recipient of a surprise attack.

Your Commander-in-Chief
    Ed the Eldar

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Marshalls:

Good news. As Mayor-in-Chief, my advisers and I have determined that your services will someday be needed again! It appears ambitious adventurers will soon reach the Pathfinder vessel, requiring periodic forays into the expedition lands only you are able to conquer.

Analysis of current efforts suggests the Major Generals will break through the Barrier Reefs of XP sometime around April of 2017. If you will be prepared to promptly return from your exile to the lands of Star, we will be expecting you.

Regards,

KingHomer
    Mayor-in-Chief
    The Tiny Island Nation of Homerica

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Wild Mary

I now understand where all your anger and madness comes from. People laughed behind your back and made up stories about you when you were young because you derelict father named you "Mary". Your state of mind was not improved when your mother told you to be proud the your father named you "Mary". Anger has driven you to your current state of mind. I regret that I have to take my home island away from you, but I need it to remove threats in my friends and my own life. I will forever mourn the fact that we might have been friends and allies if you had been named George, Allen, Mark or Fred.

Your Unfortunate Enemy
    Sherman_Grant

P.S. I will raise monuments in your memory if I can ever afford them....

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Letter to Commanding Major General of the Army

Dear General, Major General, General of the Army Sir,

There have been some concerns among the lower ranks about certain behaviors and attitudes that you have presented in the past that need to be addressed.

It has been noticed general sir that you seem to think you are entitled to certain privileges due to the fact that you command the largest army in the empire. Case in point, the extra ration of brew that you request for your headquarters.

While it may be true that you kill more enemy camps than the other generals, perhaps you have forgotten the contribution that the other generals make to your victories.

Each of our generals make a contribution that you seem to have forgotten. And while some of our generals are not really pleasant to be around such as Grim Reaper, he does make it possible for you to stay in the field longer as he supervises bring new recruits from to the battle field.

I realize that when you were fresh out of the Tavern that you were required to win the battles you fought. But times have changed. No longer do we require our least experienced generals to win battles. We now are more concerned with saving the lives of our troops and our tavern generals play a most important role in this regard. The diversions that they provide while you march to kill the leader camp saves the lives of hundreds of our troops. I am sure you are aware of this and have merely forgotten to consider this when ordering supplies.

Our Master of Martial Arts and to a lesser extent Dracul are always willing to go first and make personal sacrifices to soften up and enemy camp before you go in with the main body of the army to provide the final blow. Without their sacrifices, many more troops would be lost and I dare say, you would not be able to kill the enemy leaders with only one attack at all. It would take you multiple attacks and more time in the battlefield.

So while we appreciate all that you do to lead our armies, we expect that you will accept the same brew ration as the other generals. Now if you would like to increase the ration for all the generals we will do what we can to produce more brew to make this happen.

As to your request that we make a better brew, I am pleased to inform you that we have been able to build a new Friary and we believe it will not only make a better tasting brew but will also be able to produce more brew and we will be able to increase the amount of brew for all.

With Respect, General Log.

World
    Ares
    Mr. Mayor,

Your sponsorship of our team is greatly appreciated but your emphasis on strength training at the expense of endurance will make it very difficult for us to dominate next season's tournament. I believe I have come up with an imaginative solution:

Your archers need to train to ensure the safety of our fellow islanders so... I would like to volunteer my athletes to run out to the targets and bring back the arrows. These "Speed Training" sessions could even double the number of bows of all types built by allowing all bows to be field tested.

P.S. Happy Birthday

World
    Ares
    Dear Ares and Zeus players,

We would like to thank everyone who took the time to write letters to celebrate "International Letter Writing Day". We are now in the process of carefully reviewing your contributions. The winners will be contacted prior to the public announcement, and rewards will be mailed!

Cheers,

BB_Aeyline
    Last edited by BB_Aeyline; 09-12-16 at 08:16 am.

World
    Ares
    Hello letter-writing Settlers!

It is a great pleasure to announce that we've decided to reward the following participants:

Thank you again!

BB_Aeyline

Closed Thread