Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Day

World
    Ares

Letter Writing Day

Dear Settlers,

On this special day, we invite you to write a letter to your favorite The Settlers Online NPC! How often has the Evil King or the Dark Magician from the Fairytale adventures been defeated by your Veteran? How many times has your explorer ventured into the unknown, facing real danger to discover new sectors for you?

Post your game-related letters (as a comment on this thread, or as a picture of the letter) and we'll reward the best ones with 500 gems for this Special Spotlight Edition.

Here are a few examples:

Dear Wild Mary,

It seems like it wasn't enough defeating you on my home island. Oh no, fate in its mysterious ways has brought me once again in front of you, this time in adventures! The screams of terrified citizens whom you raided have reached my most noble generals.

I shall have no mercy defeating you once again, for your face is not worth sunburning.

Prepare to square up!
    Dear Intrepid Explorer,

In all certainty, I am not alone in my belief that our lives have been enriched by your endearing presence. Our long days on the road are now doubly rewarded; we receive not only the spoils of our hard work, but also the pleasure of your company.
    I know there are more skilled men out there, but none who would treat you as I would; of this I am certain. I may only be a regular man when others have been granted better luck than mine - or more experience and a savage nature, but it would mean a great deal if you could grant me permission to accompany you on your next long journey.
    Please allow me this great honor.

Holding you in my thoughts,

Tavern Explorer
    Deadline: Entries will be accepted until Sunday, September 11th.
    We're looking forward to reading the best contributions!

Have fun,
    BB_Aeyline
    Last edited by BB_Aeyline; 09-12-16 at 10:51 am.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Evil King,

Our little tailor may be valiant but he isn't too bright, is he? He keeps falling for your ruse time and again. But you never seem to learn from your mistakes either. Never mind. I will continue to uplift the valiant, the small and the exploited. Besides, your obsession with misusing him will always be my gain.

World
    Zeus
    Dear Lucky Explorer,

As a self-proclaimed "skilled explorer" and trained "Travelling Erudite," it is *never* acceptable to bring back a Sandwich or Fish Platter. Shame on you. Consider this your final written warning. Continued offenses will result in your termination and assignment to LS tag duty.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Traitors,

Once, you were loyal men.

You became bandits the day you decided to steal all the bacon.

MY bacon.

You will pay for that.

This bacon heist will be remembered as your end of the world.
    Resistance is futile. Now bring me my coffee!

Dr_Mad / Ziiltoid

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Explorer,

When I fill your pockets with my hard earned gold AND give you more than enough sausage for your journey, I would appreciate you returning with any Adventure worthy of said payment.

Map fragments are a dime a dozen in today's world and the Co Op adventures you have previously returned with, are gathering dust in the dark corners of the Mayor's basement. The Troops cringe when they are asked to join a Co Op adventure, many hide in the Tavern for days on end.

Forthwith, should you return with said gifts, you shall be given the job of cleaning out the stables for a daily crust of bread and a day old fish.

I look forward to a more mutual beneficial arrangement moving forward.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Black Knight,
    I´m pretty sure you are loyal to you men sitting in their banditnests, waiting for me to come and take over those camps.
    And I pretty much appreciate that you dont just give it all up, but continue rebuilding your Dark Castles, so that I can tear them down more then once.
    Cant wait to visit your Island again.
    Make sure you castle is well build, and that you have gathered a lot different stuff, I can bring home to my Island
    Always looking forward to visit you.

Master of Matrial art

World
    Ares
    Dear Princess,

I coming

..x

World
    Ares
    Dear Quarter Master Clause

Master Clause, we are once again being in need of your aid. I fear by the time you receive this request we will be in a far daunting circumstance. Our journey to the new lands has decimated our forces and drained our resources. I have poorly misjudged our enemies. Despite their lack of organization, the local residence has proven themselves to be worthy opponents. One small camp even resorted to projecting livestock over their camp walls at our besiegers.
    I ask that you empty the armories and round up all that you can must of the barracks. Please do not delay.

Major General MArnivous

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Dear Geologist
    It brings me no great pleasure to write this letter. I formally request your presence to discuss the manner in which the TSO Union sees fit to conduct their business. Reports are piling up of members of your union abusing their privileges and "extending" their extra curricular activities instead searching for the much needed resources our communities requires to succeed. Reports of Iron deposits taking more then 30 minutes to verify when they are within walking distance of the storehouse, prolonged visits to the brewery and taverns after each find. One report even suggests that geologist pocketing gold ore before it can be accounted for.

These actions will cease immediately!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Dearest Mother,

After a long journey, the clouds have finally cleared to a lovely view of flower covered bluffs.

We have settled down in a lovely little settlement. The area has plenty of pinewood and hardwood trees available to build a residence. There are even wild roses growing here. I was very surprised to see a school in the settlement, which will be great for the kids.

There is plenty of food available, the deer seem to be everywhere. Luckily we have a talented bow maker who is able to make regular and even longbows for hunting. The local butcher is always happy to purchase any meat and then he turns them into a great sausage using the local herbs. He also has a large variety of steaks available.

The is three varieties of local pumpkins that grow readily here, although they seem to ripen at different speeds which is fine since they make a lovely soup when cooked over an open fire in a cauldron I found.

There is a local lake that provides plenty of fish for the tavern's Friday night fish fry, which they serve with a great bread from our local bakery and brew. The tavern also makes a great bean soup and on Mondays they have a pasta special. For the holidays Garum, a local trapper, will bring in wild turkeys which the tavern serves on a lovely platter. The local bakery has wide variety of cookies, fresh fruit baskets in addition the bread.

I fear you may have been correct about one thing though, my explorer husband does not seem to have settled down though, he keeps stating he will be right back, but is actually gone for days. He talks endlessly about the copper, iron, marble, stone and even an occasional gold mines he has found. He does talk occasionally about a mysterious island full of pirates, black knights and although I not care for it when he mentions a wild Mary that lives on Bastille Island, especially after he mentioned a trip to a local tailor which he bought a lovely golden ribbon that did not make it home....

The geologist have built a soccer field on a nearby island for entertainment, they even included a concession stand which serves sandwiches, hot dogs and a lovely pink drink. There are often rowdy matches with roaming nordsmen and the mysterious dark brotherhood teams. Luckily Viscous Victor keeps the crowd under control.

I am very grateful for the local blacksmith though, he is able to produce hammers, bronze, iron, steel and even damascene swords that he provides to the bounty hunters who in turn protect us from the swamp witch, raiders and bandits.

Send our love to everyone, we miss you,
    Gracie

Closed Thread