Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ventures

Noble
    World
    Ares
    OK so when you got the Epic farmyard are all production slots open? Are all production types available? I know you need to run the chain over and over again to get unlocks, but how do the unlocks work? You start with water slot only and each chain gives another unlock? Or you start with all and each chain unlocks level upgrade?

I wish people would put a bit more info into this except "Completion of each chain grants another unlock" I have no idea what that means...Unlocks another type of production in the yard or another level of all available production?
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    OK so when you got the Epic farmyard are all production slots open? Are all production types available? I know you need to run the chain over and over again to get unlocks, but how do the unlocks work? You start with water slot only and each chain gives another unlock? Or you start with all and each chain unlocks level upgrade?

I wish people would put a bit more info into this except "Completion of each chain grants another unlock" I have no idea what that means...Unlocks another type of production in the yard or another level of all available production?
    You need to get blueprints to unlock each of the 7 chains. So 7 different blueprints. They drop when you complete the Evil Queen adventure.
    It's similar to the Epic Woodyard - you can have only 3 chains active at a time.

About levels of available production - i guess it's all left for us to find out as we run the adventure over and over.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    OK, thank you for the info. So, basically when I get the Farmyard I have 3 slots open to make water? And if I want to produce grain in it or brew I have to "unlock" this chain by clearing the quest line again? Do I get it right? Because that would just blow sky high...I don't have it yet so I can't see what I can make in it with first unlock. And all post on test are about how much you can make with all unlocks. I hate this misinformation, and BB keeps doing this all the time.
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

World
    Zeus
    Here ya go Pinkleet. I went over to test, just for you.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    Screen shot from snow white. Yep I have my epic farm up and running. Also nice bonus of the rarity prov house plan for Tombs
    did you have to get 60 pages to get the starting venture i ask as the wiki says you need 15 to get the fisherman and his wife and then each one drops a new map

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Yep 60 pages needed to get the first adventure in chain cost me around 3.5k gems. After getting the first advie the counter is back to 0 but again toward 60 pages. Wiki saying 15 is innacurate. It looks like each time you want to do the chain it takes 60 pages to make the first advie - Fisherman and his goldfish (or wife, whatever)

Thank you Perwyn for the info. Now I am quite disappointed (pissed off really) at the implementation. I wish there was available info saying with clarity:

"This is the epic farmyard. When you get it you can only grow grain in it. Each production type you can use it for requires to get 60 more pages from the oven and completing the whole chain again. You can't us it as you would like to use it, you have to unlock each chain of production by completing 5 adventures over and over again. But at the beginning, when you get the building all you can do is grow grain. Have fun grinding the same advies over and over again"

And you guys on test didn't say anything about how tedious, limiting and utterly garbage idea that is to force us to grind 7 (!) times the whole chain again (not to mention getting 60 pages from about 12 crystals a a day)? Like the grind to 75 is not enough? And those new advies are not a freaking picking either, they are as hard as aladin/sinbad combo.

I am deeply disappointed. Once because of lack of straight up information on BB part, and two because of the new grind system. And l am assuming the unlocks also follow the production chain? So grain at start 2nd time you complete 5 adventures you get the chance to make water, 3rd silos, 4th mills and on?

Most players don't read the forums, but when peps start to realize the amount of effort needed for this to be of any use...Of course nobody forces me to either get the yard or unlock any of the production chains. Thing is, if I knew that all I get is grain and than I have to do this crap 7 more times to unlock the full potential of it, I wouldn't even bother with it.

Sigh... On one hand you guys come up with fantastic design, got us a fancy rulette with great prices (and some of them are absolutely awesome and brilliantly thought of) and on the other end of the spectrum - forcing people to grind the same thing over and over as we didn't have to grind enough already? Didn't you catch the sentiment of players being sick to their stomach of the xp grind? And aren't the Excelsior quests your way to help us with it? Than who in a sane mind drops a 40 repeatable adventure grind on the other end of the scale? Sigh... just sigh...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't think it would be reasonable to expect to get everything in a few days, but yeah, I'm probably not even going to put it down until I can at least seed it or get something else like water. Out of the box it doesn't seem very useful until you get some unlocks. I've heard a few times previously that the process is probably a couple years long, which is maybe annoying, but also people would be upset if you could get through all the content right away and then there was nothing else to do.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    got my epic farmyard. It could be great if you can get the blueprint to unlock it to level 5. At level 1, just a decoration building for me.

I really think they should lower the crystal requirement after the 1st run.

below is the water output, compared to my 24 level 6 imp watermill

Noble
    World
    Ares
    This whole thing is an absolute flop. When you get a multifunctional building all production should be available right from the start. The unlocks gated by clearing the same adventures over and over could be used to upgrade the level of production. NOT THE TYPE!

What upsets me is nowhere in the information about it is plainly said, this is how it works. You get the farmyard you can only produce grain. In order to unlock other type of production you need to run the whole chain repeatedly. Those words I understand.

"Description: Similar to the Epic Woodyard, this building provides seven wheat-related production chains, of which 3 can run simultaneously, based on the available Blueprints.

Blueprints:
    Epic Farm (Wheat)
    Well (Water)
    Silo (Silo)
    Mill (Flour)
    Bakery (Bread)
    Brewery (Brew)
    Stables (Horse)

Blueprints and the Farmyard can be gathered as rewards for completing the "The Evil Queen" venture campaign:" (copied from BB own post about the Excelsior).

This description is very misleading. If I knew the only available blueprint at the start is grain and in order to get to make flour I have to run the whole chain 5 more times - I would give this crap a finger and won't bother with it.

It looks like it actually is going to take quite few months before you can get to make something useful in it. First, the 60 pages needed to crank the first map takes quite few weeks to get (unless you want to drop 3-4k gems on it). Then, the whole chain is not a walk in the park either. Losses go from about 2-4k elite troops per run.

Once again, great idea, and a total garbage way of implementing it. And as quite often in TSO very limited and quite misleading information on it.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Pink's reaction might seem a bit off the top at first, I agree. But he is right about the misleading information and about the level of disappointment there is going to arise once players get enough pages and troops to run the adventure chain to finally get the Farmyard. Only to discover the only thing they can use it for after all the effort they put in is... growing grain.

I had a talk to couple of my guild mates this morning who already started collecting pages to get the Fisherman's adventure to start the chain. You can guess their reaction once they were informed what is waiting ahead. Disappointment. Both decided not tho continue "wasting" crystals.

Reply to Thread