Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ventures

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Just a note, when you get the epic farmyard, you also get 1 more blueprint(mine is water). so you have 2 function available in the begining.
    And the basic function is farm, not silo (grow grain).

Although they increase the output of this building (original output was 8 to begin with and 2 more for each upgrade), most function still not very useful due to buff problem.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I am done complaining about it. Finished the Fisherman and I am going to wait for some decent guides further down the line. But you guys better inform people in your guilds about how this whole thing works. When I talked to my guildies last night, they assumed you can chose what production you want (1 from 7 types available) and then if you want to use the yard for something else you can complete the chain again to unlock the next thing. Just as I thought reading BB post. Apparently I wasn't alone in assuming this.

Only testers knew how the design work. But you can't be upset about them not informing us. After all that is BB job.
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Only testers knew how the design work. But you can't be upset about them not informing us. After all that is BB job.
    Keep in mind that bugs etc from the test server usually make it live despite getting reported hundredfold, while some of the stuff still is subject to change....I didn't bother testing this update, so I'm not sure if the Farmyard was actually "fully unlocked" already and just got upgrades to it or not. While I'm tempted to explac it with mills, I'm kind of under the impression that the equal amount of L6 buildings will outperform it and that is not taking the buffs options into consideration. Sure, you can switch around on demand and stuff, but I'd like to think I'll "assign it" that purpose and have it function that way only....or at least most always.

Not all that concerned with the design of it though, we got new content thats pretty good overall that can get some more fine detailing here and there but overall not too bad, I'll rather "get aggrevated" collcting enough crystals for something worthwhile than 50 coal or 2 Xbows for my logins. With that said, I'll focus on getting the Manuscript Recipe first before anything else happens me thinks lol

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Just last week I read on test forums a very intelligent argument about how bad the testing is. BB provides unfinished (for testing) content and expect testers to give feedback. Seems as somebody said it already - live version of the game is what other companies save for beta testing

I talked to couple of people who already got the farmyard and yes, the whole process is design like this. You get option to make wheat and water when you get the yard. Each production type after that needs to be unlocked by completing again the entire chain. And the unlocks follow preset path - silos are 3rd mills are 4th etc.

The yard will always fall behind the same number of production shops at lev 6. They are more efficient. Just as with epic Woodyard you save 1 space but you loose efficiency. And of course there are no buffs for the yard longer than 8 hrs so:P

Honestly, we have 4 new guildies at levels 36-44 and they could use this yard so much. It would be such huge help for players at those levels who still don't have anything passed lev4, just starting to get into serious adventures and could use such a tremendous help in production that this yard offers. At those levels players would get an amazing boost from such feature. At 58+? this is nothing but a little convenience which in my opinion is truly not worth all the effort needed to acquire and upgrade it.

Once again an amazing feature for players 36-50 was aimed for players who in most cases don't have much use for it. Waste.
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Epic woodyard is the same, although that is a lot easier to unlock, especially the lower ones. But yes, I would question the value of this at that high a level. I mean, there is value, but I'm not sure how much effort it's worth. It's more like those achievements you do for the sake of being a completionist.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My question is what happens for the 2nd and following runs of the Evil Queen, do you get multiple Epic Farmyards??? Maybe that's how it becomes valuable? But the higher levels don't have space for probably even 1, so that can't be. I guess some will find out. I do agree the info on this thing is pretty thin, but we also have to keep in mind that there's the chance to get the book recipes, now THAT would be worth it. Trudging through the bookbinder can take a very very long time.

But this game is all bout teaching patience right? I mean what else would we be doing, banging out VLT after VLT??

GLE!!!
    Dazz...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    You get unlocks to upgrade the epic farmyard. It gets more valuable the more unlocks you get. It will just take years to fully upgrade it, which really probably is not worth the effort, but I figure (for now) I may as well see what it is like, though I'm still waiting on pages so that I can run the quest chain the first time.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    As Gwalben said you only get 1 yard. The next time you run the whole chain you get a blueprint. you click it on the yard which will unlock next level (or type) of production. There is no choosing, the unlocks follow a step by step path. In my example, I need to run the whole chain 5 more times to get to unlock flour production which is the only useful feature for me. At lev 58 it is pretty pathetic. It would be a game changer for players 32+, but... Why didn't BB think of that:P

I suspect if more of the devs would actually play the game they would see with much more clarity some pretty obvious (for us players) things. Like design flows, or completely missed opportunity to drop a Boom! feature that half the players would love to get and were very grateful for. Like the expansion Islands. NOBODY complained about having them. People complained about the price, clearing process, depos and such but not about HAVING new room to expand.

Similar thing with Excelsior. People complain about some aspects of the new feature, but having it and playing with it is fun. Nobody says, "take it away, I don't want it". People say "wtf is with this farmyard grind??". O, well, or maybe it is just me saying it

Reply to Thread