Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Epic Farmyard information.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Note: Production by the Epic Farmyard consumes resources like a standard production building. For example: when producing Wheat it consumes Wheat from your fields and requires additional Silo capacity to keep your fields from running out and expiring...

Not so Epic after all!
    Thank you. My point on this thing is that if you're already built up, this building (like it's little cousin, Epic Woodyard) is awkward to say the least to fit on an already crowded island AND offers minimal improvement on production AND requires special buffs that require constant attention if you want to keep it working (6 and 8h buffs).

Ergo, I'm not too concerned with obtaining that workyard or any of its recipes/ug's.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Ares
    This was my entire point - lack of information. The only thing "epic" about the yard is the flexibility. You can use it for 7 different production types. Granted, you have to unlock the production by doing 35 adventures. Which takes some time given the fact you need 60 pages from crystals to start the first adventure in the chain.

This thing is large, needs access to both Storehouse and resources and an equal number of buildings at level 6 is more efficient. I read test forum posts about it and expected it. Many people don't check test forums. The general information given by BB seems to cover all angles, until you get the yard and quickly realize how much hassle it is to make it useful.

For us 58+ the yard is not that attractive at all. We already have everything running at level 6 and if you don't, you are doing it wrong
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    i just completed this campaign for a 2nd time granted first run i got the epic farmyard plus the water blue-print that unlocked water lvl 1 10 production.. on the 2nd run i got blue-print unlock water 20 production after using it a new 30 water production appeared that i have to get a blueprint for.. so it seems once you unlock them all you have to keep going through them to unlock each new lvl

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    as a relatively new player, getting free water sounds quite attractive, considering how expensive water mills are. less wells to build every day

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by finniel View Post
    as a relatively new player, getting free water sounds quite attractive, considering how expensive water mills are. less wells to build every day
    I think the minimum level for this quest chain is Level 58... so not sure it matters if you are new; if you are now level 58, and have the resources to complete the chain, I will bet dollars to donuts, you are not likely building wells at all. I think that is part of the point of some of these posts: by the time you get to the point of getting this building, you are very likely already self-sufficient in the various basic resources that this Work Yard offers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Yep well said Raubhoutz. This thing would rock for players 32+. If you having shortages of water at 58 you are doing it wrong
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Noble
    World
    Ares
    And the lock of information bites again - mainly my own butt. Just did 2nd time the Evil queen chain and got .... Epic mill blueprint. So apparently all blueprints after the first two (grain and water) are on a rng basis and not linear progression.

2 runs down - 32 to go BB what have you done...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    And the lock of information bites again - mainly my own butt. Just did 2nd time the Evil queen chain and got .... Epic mill blueprint. So apparently all blueprints after the first two (grain and water) are on a rng basis and not linear progression.

2 runs down - 32 to go BB what have you done...
    I don't mind the ludicrous number of times having to run the chain, but I do mind the drop rate of parts to get that chain. I am averaging 2-3 parts a day on average. 35 runs times the 60 parts per EQ chain is 2100 parts needed. 700-1000 days just for that chain. There are other chains that are honestly more beneficial, like the script one.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The losses are also rather high relative to the amount of XP received. I think I'll squeeze this in from time to time but would rather be doing long letters.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    just reached level 58 and I'm starting to look into this epic farmyard thing. it's seems like a very tedious process just to get a building that makes everything I already produce and have pretty balanced, so I'm trying to figure out the point of this beside possible tome blueprint out of it. anyone here got all the blueprints for EF yet?

Reply to Thread