Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Epic Farmyard information.

Noble
    World
    Ares

Epic Farmyard information.

I was pretty surprised on how the mechanics of getting the farmyard work. So I would like to make few things clear so others are not disappointed as I was.

*To acquire the Epic Farmyard you need to get 60 of "The Evil Queen Page". They drop on 30% chance from turning in the Excelsior oven crystals using the last tab (Books). Available at lev 58.

*Once you get 60 pages you click the complete tab to get first venture of the Evil Queen chain - The Fisherman and his Wife.

*Completing the venture gives you next one in loot (100% drop) Hansel and Gretel. Each venture in chain drops the follow up venture on 100% chance.

*You need to complete all 5 ventures in the chain to finally get the Epic Farmyard.

*When you get the Yard only one production chain is available - grain. You also get in the loot of the last venture 2nd unlock of a production type - water.

*To unlock more production types in the Yard you need to again acquire 60 pages from Excelsior and complete again the whole 5 ventures chain. Each unlocks needs the completion of the entire chain.

All unlocks are on rng basis. Every Snow White venture completion gives you a chance to get a new blueprint for new type of production.

To unlock all production you need to run 35 ventures total and collect 300 pages from turning in crystals. Each production however has 3 (so far confirmed) levels. So to get all production to all levels it is going to take a hell lot of runs. Because all epic blueprints drop is pure rng. You always get a blueprint from Snow White venture (end of the chain), but what type of blueprint is just random

The ventures are on a scale difficulty of the Aladin and Sinbad chain (they are harder than Ali Baba). You can use both old troops and new elite units on the maps. The most efficient way is so far using a combination of both old/new units. Saccing waves of old troops and finishing the camps with elite troops. Since those ventures have camps of more than 300 troops (there are many 350 camps and quite few 400 troop camps) you can expect quite few sacs on the way. All enemy units (except for new bosses) are combination of enemies from FT adventures (bears, wolves, pack leaders, boars, foxes, royal units ect)
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    You're welcome BB for doing your **** job.
    no one ever told you to do it....

Noble
    World
    Ares
    You are right. I just don't want people to be surprised as I was after finding out how it works. That dozen or more people I talked to in guild/friends all assumed just as I did: we can chose right from the start what kind of production we want, unlocking more types with each completion of 5 ventures again. Yep, my (our rather) fault for assuming. Which wouldn't happen if BB clearly informed us how it works.
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

World
    Ares
    And also keep in mind: If you fail any of these ventures, you must start the whole venture chain over again. You will not get a second chance at the one you failed. BB designed this on purpose.

On a related note, you're welcome to create a test account, using your regular username & password, where you can test these things out. The Excelsior has been on that server for quite a few weeks now, and the epic farmyard is there as part of the ship.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks. I now understand how it works.
    This seems like something only gem buyers will get.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    And I think I was wrong while writing my post. I have just got the yard and it clearly look like on the top of those unlocks there are 2 more: grain x20 and waterx20.
    Each production says it requires epic farm and epic well blueprint and this item can be obtained by completing "The Evil queen" adventure.

So I thought after the first run I have to do 5 more unlocks to fully open all production in the yard, but it seems it really is 7 (not 5) more runs of the entire chain.
    Anything else I should know? Any other fun surprises? Sigh...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Here is the surprise:
    Every production has 5 level, 7x5=35.
    minus the 2 functions (level 1 farm, level 1 water) that came with the yard.

total 33 more runs...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    You're welcome BB for doing your **** job.
    A little harsh.

Like my boss says ".....darn Millenials"

World
    Zeus
    Note: Production by the Epic Farmyard consumes resources like a standard production building. For example: when producing Wheat it consumes Wheat from your fields and requires additional Silo capacity to keep your fields from running out and expiring...

Not so Epic after all!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Note: Production by the Epic Farmyard consumes resources like a standard production building. For example: when producing Wheat it consumes Wheat from your fields and requires additional Silo capacity to keep your fields from running out and expiring...

Not so Epic after all!
    Already tore mine down and put back the workyard. Maybe in 2 years when I unlock enough recipes it will be worth it, or not.
    Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Reply to Thread