Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkins on the horizon

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by lastsw View Post
    Guess me and my friend are just unlucky then, or BB maybe changed the drop rate after our test.

Getting a lot of 0 refill back then, like more than 50% of the time, 40 bk only end up with 180+ refills(no premium).
    I'm sure they moved the numbers around some. When I ran some tests over there I got 24 on the high end on BK, not 21 as stated on wiki. Given that we don't know what the actual drop rates and amounts are going to be, nor the actual costs of rewards we'll be buying with pumpkins I'm currently basing my estimates on what's stated on wiki, with full knowledge that those may not be correct. It just helps to use SOMETHING as a base when building up some model numbers to see what it will take to get what I want from the event.

World
    Ares
    I sent a mail out to my guild on September 7th with the advice of how to prepare for this Halloween event and some numbers. I will provide part of it here for you. If you plan ahead of time, you can do this event just playing a few hours a day as long as you can run a few adventures to get the refills and get lootspots.

Some general thoughts:
    3) It looks like the best adventures to run will be Traitors, Sleepy Reef, Outlaws, Sleeping Volcano, Black Knights, and Roaring Bull. Surprisingly Sleepy Reef has a high output so stock up on those.(It is not as high as it was when I first sent this.) BK and RB will be the go to as those can be swapped. Ali Baba's from woodcutter through third thief look to possibly have good rates so far. See http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...om-adventures/ for the full breakdown of what is known. They only drop refills for your cemeteries.
    Cemetary calculations
    All pumpkin cemeteries can run the full 28 days, but I have only calculated for 27 days. They will disappear exactly at 28 days so don't wait too long!

Small: 4.5 runs every 24 hours, 121.5 runs for 27 days
    So that means 121 pumpkins unbuffed, 363 x3 buffed, and 484 x4 buffed for each pumpkin cemetery.
    They start with 40 pumpkins, so you will need 81 refills for each cemetery.

Common: 9 runs every 24 hours, 243 runs for 27 days
    So that means 243 pumpkins unbuffed, 729 x3 buffed, and 972 x4 buffed for each pumpkin cemetery.
    They start with 80 pumpkins, so you will need 163 refills for each cemetery.

Noble: 36 runs every 24 hours, 972 runs for 27 days
    So that means 972 pumpkins unbuffed, 2916 x3 buffed, and 3888 x4 buffed for each pumpkin cemetery.
    They start with 100 pumpkins, so you will need 872 refills for each cemetery.

Total refills needed for all 9 cemeteries: 3348
    Total rainbows needed to run all 9 x4 buffed for 27 days: 63
    If all are run at x4 consistently for 27 days: 19,920 pumpkins
    To get all buildings and the recipe in the shop: 16,995 pumpkins

What to take away from this: Save up your adventure cards, make map fragments to buy those cards, save your rainbow snows, and save your collectables for Werewolf howls to run x4 when you don't have rainbow snows.
    My take when I was doing this was that you shouldn't have to adventure a ton to get all the pumpkins you'll want. I included all buildings in my calculations, but you may not want all of them so that will change the calculations. If you get the refills and have the buffs, you can get all the pumpkins you need from just the cemeteries. Most will probably do a combination of things to get their pumpkins which is a good strategy anyways. I think BB did a very good job of allowing those of different player styles to get as many pumpkins as they wish to get.

Guild Leader

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Getting 24/12 pumpkin refills from BK will take few runs to keep cemeteries busy. Don't forget there is also a 3rd chance of not getting any in loot. I think the maintenance of the whole thing will be just tiresome. I will snap Rainbow snow on my nobles and check every day for deals on to to get refills. Many players will have to keep using the short 4x buffs thou, which will get very tiring very quickly. But who knows. Maybe people will in general love the fuss of doing the whole thing
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Many of you might be forgetting, we will also be getting pumpkins for doing the event quest chain, defeating golems, and achievements as well. I have 17 explorers (1 int., 10 SS, 3 Lukies, and 3 tavern) and they will easily bring in between 100 to 200 a day. Along with the pumpkins from the quests, golems, and achievements, I will generate around 8,000 to 10,000 pumpkins by the end of the event. Pumpkins from the fields will really be a minor source of pumpkins. Also, you will find pumpkins from collectables (maybe as many as 30 or so a day.).

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Presta View Post
    Also, you will find pumpkins from collectables (maybe as many as 30 or so a day.).
    HA HA funny, last year a lot of players didn't even make the acheesements for this part of the quest, and not because we didn't look or were offline. simply because we had almost zero pumpkins spawn on our islands, will it be the same this year, who knows. but if anything playing here 4 years has taught me is, if it can go wrong, then BB will make it so.........

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    HA HA funny, last year a lot of players didn't even make the acheesements for this part of the quest, and not because we didn't look or were offline. simply because we had almost zero pumpkins spawn on our islands, will it be the same this year, who knows. but if anything playing here 4 years has taught me is, if it can go wrong, then BB will make it so.........
    *Raises Hand* Yeah, up to 30? That player must have had the most successful island in Zeus. Though logged on 22+ hours per day, making 3 collection spawns during that period for 5 of the 7 days of the week and no less than 2 on the other days, AND getting 100% of the collectibles spawned in each period I got; I failed to get the 100 acheesement. Nobody can preach to me about proper distribution being the norm.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Ares
    BB truly blew on collectibles last year. There was something very odd (read: messed up!) about the spawn of pumpkins. Some players got them right from the start in tens, many didn't have any for even first few days, and then gradually were getting literally few pumpkins a day. My coding friends said either the code got bugged or the random formula was a flop. Or both.

Either way, plenty of people had quite sour feelings toward the achievement issues the whole thing caused. Hoping for better turn around this year
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

World
    Ares
    It would be kinda nice if we had the option to chose Either a fixed # of pumpkins OR the refill.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I assume the refills can be traded right?

Trading them 1 for 1 on TO will probably garner your fixed pumpkins you seek. 24/12 instant, or wait for the cemetery to pump them out. Though I'm sure there will be some foolish people who will overpay as well.

World
    Ares
    When the event went on test a month or so ago, they said that they guaranteed we'd have pumpkins on our island as collectibles. I didn't have any problems with it this time around.

Reply to Thread