Reply to Thread

Thread: A reason to use the unused adventures. And a way to prevent players from burning out

Settler
    World
    Ares

A reason to use the unused adventures. And a way to prevent players from burning out

How about if every week you pick 3 random adventures and put them for sale for map fragments.
    You also have 3 random adventures (different ones than the ones for sale) which can give out more loot if you use more copies of the adventure. So every extra adventure copy up to 10 gives you 10% more loot. Up to 10 copies giving you double the loot.
    This would encourage players to play different maps than the ones they play over and over. (and then get burned out and leave the game…) it may even get us to play the cooperative adventures that you put in so much work and nobody does… it will also allow us to burn through copies of unused adventures.
    It would also make map frags valuable again…

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Plenty of ideas about unused adventures have been ignored for the longest time already :/

Map frags are pretty much beyond repair now though.

World
    Ares
    The adventures in the shop have not changed since the infamous nerfing of 2014. With the new adventures and ventures, map fragments have become useless.
    Whence comest thou?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    There are several adventures I would buy with map fragments. If I were below level 55.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    The only adventure I'd spend the fragments on is Black Knights.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i buy vlt and bk w/ frags... but that's pretty much it

World
    Zeus
    I like the idea of being able to boost the loot by consuming multiple adv from the star. Maybe set a limit of 10 to not unbalance the system. I might run an SE if I could burn 11 from star and ensure 200% loot with one run. This might also make co-ops more attractive (to avoid confusion and extra coding, bonus to co-op would be only to yourself).

Decision points would be:
    1. does Premium multiply the bonus too?
    2. do the LS spot(s) receive the bonus loot too?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Or, how about a certain bonus %, based on your level vs the adventure required minimum level.
    For example, Black Knights is req min lv 42. People run this adventure a lot up through 50+ .. But if it starts at 10 levels above, so @ Lv 52, you'd get a 20% bonus on loot, and every 5 levels after that, is another 10%.

This might give some value to some lower level adventures that people don't like too much, that they have 50-100 copies (or more) in their star menu.. Like SotV or VtV. With SotV, min Lv is 36. So at 46 you get 20% more lot, 51 is 30%, 56 is 40%... All the way to Lv 71-75 giving 70% extra loot. But while looking at the loot table for SotV, even a 7-% bonus to it, I don't think it would be worth it to run. :/

Reply to Thread