Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuscript blueprint

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I just have to question why it is such a big secret what the number is. Most people rather keep trying if they know the light at the end of the tunnel, or worst case scenario. Even if it is a 100 tries, if you know that is the magic number you keep going. Otherwise people will get discouraged because they don't know if it is 80, 100 or 2000. Just my 2 cents. I got the manuscript and the codex with a fairly decent number of tries, going for tome now.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I kinda agree with that statement Artemis but to hazard a guess why they aren't saying, is because i'm sure the whining level would go up exponentially no matter what the number-already see someone complaining after 4 attempts. You know BB likes quiet.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    They never give numbers. Any numbers are educated estimates from players, but it is too early for someone to even wager a guess here. Since these are just one offs, I'm not sure any reliable number can ever be produced.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    well the number must be very high, i have a guildie who is almost to 100 tries and still no manu recipe.
    so much for fixing the problem...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    try #16 for manuscript recipe>>> 50 gems..................................... down to 2 crystals and now I sit till I have enough for another try.......Booooo!!!!!!

World
    Ares
    OK, I'm getting close to 100 tries here and still no manuscript recipe. Is this thing still broken?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    100 sounds like a good round number, a bit high but report back after 100, aye?

And no, there was never a guarantee in the first place that it did work.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    [...] If the counter is simply counting the number of reward boxes opened, then it should function as expected from the player posts. [...] However, if the check is performed when the box is awarded to the player, with the content set at the time of award, then it depends if the counter is registering all of the three quest lines or only the individual quest line that was completed.

As for the question of methodical tracking, from the posts made here, it seems unlikely there is much information. People who tend to be methodical would likely be posting their information to include the different quest attempts, if for no other reason to see if it is more likely with one quest line against another at the same time.
    Well, it would be reasonable to assume (I know, I know), that the tries should be as you suggested first: The total number of reward boxes opened, would be sensible, giving one path better chances than another, or calculating total tries separately seems quite fiendish. Each path requires the same number of frags/pieces to turn in.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC1 View Post
    OK, I'm getting close to 100 tries here and still no manuscript recipe. Is this thing still broken?
    lol, sorry to hear that. Good luck with future runs. Oh, and as Ceruhe already suggested, keep track and post the number your reached when you received the Manuscript recipe.

Oh, and from somebody who is in the know on these things, it has been said:

..Staying unlucky during a long period is unfortunately not exceptional...
    Verbatim. Perhaps Aurboth is onto something.

The corollary question that would come to mind is; since being unlucky for long periods can be considered not exceptional, why does it not happen that we see lucky for long periods - these situations should be just as 'not exceptional'.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    bottomline is, after months of tries we were "blessed"with an upgrade that would change the outcome of the mysterybox after a certain amount of tries.
    Why post that remark and make people hoping again.....and then not explain what the change means exactly and what the droprate realy is.....
    each try a 50/50 change can keep you unlucky indefinitely.
    Revealing the maximum attempts before automatic drop of recipe would be extremly motivating.
    counter is at 40..ish before upgrade and 7 after upgrade., no luck yet.....wil start next attempt today...and keep you posted on results...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    attempt 8 after upgrade, finished a compass, 50 gems again...sigh

Reply to Thread