Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuscript blueprint

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    i dont play this server but do read the forums i had same issue on the EU server loads was getting it after their first or second quest it took me 20 attempts before i got the recipe and a heck of alot of gems

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    What does the manuscript recipe do?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestorJohn View Post
    name gives it away makes manuscripts for the science chain

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestorJohn View Post
    Allows you to produce Manuscripts in the Rarity Provision House in lieu of the Bookbinder, freeing up the bookbinder for other books (Tomes and Codices)
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    One would think BB would finally get that their greed is costing them more in the long run.
    Yet they seem to stubbornly cling to being uber greedy.
    I don't agree. You get 100 gems a week only for logging in every day. Leveling quests and gaining new levels rewards gems. You get gems from achievements (we didn't have them before remember?). The Excelsior XP quests also drop gems as final loot. I have to give props when they are due. Try playing other free games and see how much free goodies you get. BB is very generous compared to many other games. And on the top of the generosity is the idea of gem pits. You can get one with no money spend (just takes over a year of patience) and from there end up with over 200k gems absolutely FREE. And all it takes is a little work (completing achievements, event quests, logging in and leveling) and lots of patience.

Introduction of Excelsior roulette is based on understanding human desires. NOBODY forces you to spend gems to get crystals, it is your choice to get something from the game fast. I spent over 3k gems on getting the Evil Queen. I am running the chain 2nd time now and got all my pages without using a single gem.

Of course BB is interested in us spending our gem supply. Spending real money is supporting the game. This is why I chose to actually spend some 2 years ago. And me still having a nice chunk of the gems after 2 years speaks itself about BB generosity. It is your choice of how you spend your gems. You can be stingy and on budget or go on a shopping spree. BB gives you a chance to go both ways. Blaming them for your action to drop 5k gems in a hurry to get a "chance" of something in loot when you can get the same thing just by waiting patiently is not fair.

In other words: there is plenty of game shortcomings to blame the devs for. You can blame BB for putting the manuscript blueprint on rng base instead of some kind of achievements. But calling them greedy when they let you earn gems left and right is not fair
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I don't agree. You get 100 gems a week only for logging in every day.
    Uh, well. One would need to pull up a string of other games to compare how "generous/stingy" they are being.
    I've played several games where the access to premium currency through gameplay alone was sustainable to propler save up for some things without needing to save for half a year or more. Current best example in mind that I have is....ah well, not supposed to talk about other games because reasons, right?
    Anyhow, just climbing the pvp ladders a little bit gives you a daily reward that is approx 5% worth of top notch items, add in rng boxes that you can collect every couple of hours with has anything between 0-5% worth of premium currency, but this method can only be sustained through playing the game as well (as you need to have "keys" to open more than 1 of 5 cards from said boxes) and those then come from daily tasks and level up reward. One of the few games I enjoy reading the reviews about how people are whining about it being a cash grab, when it really isn't (not to mention the updates from this year have fixed many issues that were present when I started it). Throw in the market that updates every 4h with random items, with many times getting a 50% discount (both on ingame currency as well as the premium currency) and you get 3 free updates kind of daily....haven't paid attention to it, feel like it's tied to how active you are, I'd say roughtly every other day for me atm.

Compare that to TSO, 100 gems isn't worth much. Jollys take you 3 weeks, Savages 10 weeks and for the MMA you are looking at almost a year. So the daily login, consecutive daily login no less, takes a fair time to add up to anything worthwhile. Leaves level up to 50 (which heavily depends on your game style....many take roughly a year to get to 50, save the heavy early traders and resources that can be thrown to boost them now) and that all gets you to some 5k gems, add in the quests at 50 was about another 2000(?) or so. The achievements across the board add upt o 2500 iirc(?) and can take quite some time as well. At 50 you then also get access to the 100 gems a week through Star Coins, provided you manage to get any, since that's a bit harder now with the level cap being at the end of the world. Excelsior now throws in some random change at you too which seems much more viable as "steady" income, provided one focuses on getting gems rather than whatever.

So assuming you got your L50 and achievements cleared, you are looking at 200 gems a week (daily as well as star coins) and whatever you can get from Exelcior, let's just give that 100 as well, making it roughly 300 gems/week once you are 50+
    At this point it looks at least kind of alright, saving for MMA and beyond doesn't feel too hardcore anymore, but pre 50 you are kind of dry.

Long story short, I'd give it a "Hard but kind of fair" rating lol

World
    Zeus
    I disagree.
    They are very greedy.
    Why you do not see that is beyond me.
    I spend money on this game and have done so for 5 years.
    Greedy, greedy, greedy.

No Reward for finding all collectibles. Even though it says REWARD. Greedy and insensitive.

Rewards like 2 x-bow or 4 t-ore. Insignificant and not worthy of the name "reward".

Minuscule amounts of resources in loots and as rewards. Stinginess.

My point is that they are consistently skimpy and greedy. Not that they never do anything, but hardly ever.

As I stated, they only cost themselves money in the long run by being so greedy in the short run.

Being more generous in rewards and loots would cost them NOTHING and probably encourage people to buy more gems.
    Last edited by EpsilonSilver; 10-13-16 at 04:21 am.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    No Reward for finding all collectibles. Even though it says REWARD. Greedy and insensitive.
    Well, every collectible is a reward in and by itself. Sure we can argue about Scaredy's and Herbs and the other trash that nobody needs but the likes of Banners are worth it. It's like finding money and you don't get taxed for it and then demand a reward for finding "all". Not that I am not in favor of Evil's recent post about a Crystal reward for completing rhe whole thing. Not arguing that collectibles may or may not be worth our time, that's another matter.

Rewards like 2 x-bow or 4 t-ore. Insignificant and not worthy of the name "reward".
    Indeed those were a slap in the face but have not been remodled to be crystals which will have a decent value for quite some while through all levels. Albeit not tradable, there is some value to it....of course it's skimpy, still gotta keep the whole picture in mind, not that BB knows where the picture is in the first place.

Minuscule amounts of resources in loots and as rewards. Stinginess.
    True indeed. Seemed more like a failed attempt at damage control inflation control. Pretty much backfired as expected. Not categorizing this as stingy but utter executive failure. Some revision to the loot was needed for rebalancing regardless, but it was just beyond too late for that.

My point is that they are consistently skimpy and greedy.
    You forgot slow

Why you do not see that is beyond me.
    And lastly to this.
    Personally, my need for insta gratification is fairly low, thus I don't need everything handed to me without effort. I dropped my 100 when I started, went the Gempit route (which they did increase to 10, not to forget about that) and haven't really been able to complain ever since, still got some 90k left with nothing to spend it on....waste on tons alright, but I a spender and not a waster. Not to forget....this is a side time sink, if I want to play a game, I actually will play "a game" and have fun, not just sink time to pass time.

Disclaimer: I hereby distance myself from anything BB and any positivelt spun statements, I got enough munition left to be vicous hehe

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Got my manuscript recipe on 2nd run.

So far, It's the only recipe I can see that has any value. Since the Tome and Codex recipes still require other books used as components, your bookmaker will always be able to use up manuscripts faster than they can be produced to ever need to make a tome or codex in the RPH.

World
    Zeus
    I think "luck has decided" that I will only ever get 50 gems...so I spend 5-6 days worth of crystal gathering (on prem) to get 1.72 crystals in return.

Reply to Thread