Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuscript blueprint

World
    Zeus
    Woo Hoo!!! Finally got it on the 10th try.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Woo Hoo!!! Finally got it on the 10th try.
    Good job!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Sad thing is, if the odds to get it are 10% or something, that means a 90% chance to not get it... after 40 runs (0.9)^40 = 0.01478 you still have over a 1.4% chance of not having it....

Does anyone know what the odds actually are? I don't want to depress Raub more than necessary if the odds are >10%
    Good point. I understand the numbers pretty well, and though it is easy to take personal and lose focus on the actual chances, my original observation can also be taken in reverse: if it is 10% (something we have no knowledge of atm), how the bejesus did so many players hit on the 1st (and 2nd) run?! It would be interesting to see an actual distribution of these 'chances'.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm wondering if there is a bug in the system where the chances of getting the Manuscript recipe is lower if you already have the Epic Farmyard? I got the Farmyard first, then tried for the Manuscript recipe. So far I've failed to get the Manuscript recipe on about 10-12 tries. I know a couple people who have gotten the recipe on their 1st or 2nd try, and they do not have their Epic Farmyard yet. Just a thought....

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSitzalot View Post
    I'm wondering if there is a bug in the system where the chances of getting the Manuscript recipe is lower if you already have the Epic Farmyard? I got the Farmyard first, then tried for the Manuscript recipe. So far I've failed to get the Manuscript recipe on about 10-12 tries. I know a couple people who have gotten the recipe on their 1st or 2nd try, and they do not have their Epic Farmyard yet. Just a thought....
    Still have not pursued the FarmYard yet... (not interested since my island already is balanced in those areas); but will hit it for the record. So my many failures were without having the FarmYard.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    My continuing disappointments to obtain the manuscript recipe are also without the epic farmyard...

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    besides water don't see much use unless it's a quest calling for wheat, horses, brew, water. it's another huge ugly building that needs a sector for itself. and the recipes are an ordeal to obtain, like the book ones.......

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I like the Piggyard for Epic Mill feature. Once fully unlocked will cut the number of my mills in half or more. Granted it might take 33 more full runs of the entire chain since blueprints are on rng base. We will see. Maybe I will have enough "accomplishing energy" in me to actually do it. Time will tell
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I just want it because it is new, but I don't think I will run the chain more than once every month or two. I still have yet to get it because I saved up the last two ventures for after Halloween.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    8 tries, no luck yet

Reply to Thread