Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuscript blueprint

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    61 attempts wih no succsess and now BB anounces that generals will be skill levelled. Most other players have had the oppertunity to produce 4 months worth of manuscripts in their RPH. Thats about 1,500 manuscripts with a buffed RPH which mine would be. Thats a crazy advantage! BB you need to fix this and make the game fair for all.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Why is that an advantage when we are not playing against other players? Might be different if we could actively defend our colony islands.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Here's another idea for those rare drops that some people get so stymied by:

Have every one of the adventures that could drop the rare loot also drop a token unique to take loot type, non tradeable.

(Example: Manuscript token). Put the manuscript recipe in the shop for, say, 50 manuscript tokens. Put a manuscript in the shop for maybe 10 tokens, just so the token has some value after you get the recipe and you don't pile them up with no means of ever spending them but not worthwhile to be farming the tokens just to get a manuscript.

If someone gets dumped on by the RNG god long enough then there's an out: use the accumulated tokens to buy the recipe.

Of course, then people will get 49 tokens and a recipe will drop on the 50th run-through.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You don't think its an advantage to advance in the game much faster than another player for the same effort? I think its kind of unfair myself, especially that I am suspicious that its some kind of bug. I got it first time so if if takes someone over 60 times to get it, I agree its unfair.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    62 attempts wih no succsess.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I also have been trying and trying to get the manuscript recipe with no luck. I haven't been counting, but given the months I've been trying, it has to be at least 40 attempts. I know people who have gotten it on the first try. Those people have had many months to make manuscripts and skill up their explorers and geologists, and will be far better prepared to start booking their generals as soon as that feature becomes available in the game. For those of us without the recipe, putting books on generals is nothing but a pipe dream. It's hard to be excited about a new feature when you know that you won't be able to use it through no fault of your own.

World
    Ares
    BB does not need to fix any "perceived disadvantage" to new players over older ones. Older players who have put years into the game building resources and buildings didn't have it just given to them. They worked for it, they are now reaping the rewards by being ahead when new things come out over players that just started. That is not a disadvantage. A true "disadvantage" would be to making all new players on equal grounds with buildings, building levels, player levels, achievements, rewards, science tree stuff, resources, geo's, scouts, and gens to older ones. If you were just given everything because you wanted it, and not because you earned it. What's the point in playing this game? Enjoy what you worked for and time spent achieving it. I would love to have weapons return to loot, but that advantage to players (mostly the older ones with larger armies) is gone and I can't see BB bringing it back.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TLC1 View Post
    BB does not need to fix any "perceived disadvantage" to new players over older ones. Older players who have put years into the game building resources and buildings didn't have it just given to them. They worked for it, they are now reaping the rewards by being ahead when new things come out over players that just started. That is not a disadvantage. A true "disadvantage" would be to making all new players on equal grounds with buildings, building levels, player levels, achievements, rewards, science tree stuff, resources, geo's, scouts, and gens to older ones. If you were just given everything because you wanted it, and not because you earned it. What's the point in playing this game? Enjoy what you worked for and time spent achieving it. I would love to have weapons return to loot, but that advantage to players (mostly the older ones with larger armies) is gone and I can't see BB bringing it back.
    Whats that got to do with it? its not related to how long you have been playing. It effects long and short term players equally, Ive been playing the game 5 years and have a very mature island with everything at level 6.

My complaint is that most people got the recipe within a couple of attempts whilst a second group havn't got it after 50+ attempts I think if you were in the second group you would understand the frustration a bit better. I can understand why the second group thinks that the "random chance" is broken and needs fixing.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by grafxfx View Post
    "random chance" is broken and needs fixing
    Yep.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    48th try, FINALLY!!!!!!! MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Thread