Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuscript blueprint

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    amazing....attempt 7 after upgrade....50 gems as usual....wonder what that promise was about ....recipe was a sure thing after upgrade.....doubtfull....the droprate seems not increased but decreased.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Attention BB's - How many attempts are you going to let our guild member snowywhite complete before honouring him with the Manuscript recipe? Surely this number of times is unusual.

Meantime, he sits and looks at other games he could play where he won't fall behind his friends. He goes, I go....................................

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Hi all,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread. Our team has investigated several reports we received since the update, and none of them have indicated an internal game error so far. All verified accounts that had not yet received the blueprint were simply a matter of:
    No additional attempts since the update, or
    Not enough attempts overall.

We will keep monitoring the situation. Thanks again,

BB_Aeyline

World
    Ares
    Soon i'm going to try 4th time. Quest is the lost compass, where i need to produce 1 codex and what i can excepte after i produce in bookbinder 15 manuscripts and 3 tomes and 1 codex in the mistery box, 50 gems.? If i get 50 gems again after all that just to get blueprint for manuscripts (oh the irony) i wish to whom ever made this "pop add 100% manuscript blueprint" after "certain number of tries (was this lawyer who made those words)" all the best in life (sarcasam). I mean, you are trolling with the last compass quest and you are going to make people rage quit this game.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGud View Post
    Soon i'm going to try 4th time. [...] I mean, you are trolling with the last compass quest and you are going to make people rage quit this game.
    Two things:

• Four attempts is VERY low in this department; no reason to be discouraged so early. If you followed this thread we have had many in the 20+ range and a few in the 50+ range. You are well withing the distribution range of 50% drop even for failing in 4 tries. Be patient.
    • Keep accurate count. So many peeps so far are guessing and approximating their tries, some due to frustration, granted, but it would be nice to see if we (as a collective TSO player pool) can determine what that magic number is.
    Best luck to you in future runs.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Hmm wonder how some of these players would react to being stuck at lev 50 for two + years with basically no place to go nothing to gain like many players were.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    With all the whining, counting, and threats in the thread, there is one question that I do not believe was asked that may shed more light on the issue. While it was said there would be a maximum number of attempts to obtain the blueprint, it was not said if it counted all of the quests that could potentially give the recipe in total or if they were counting each individually. From the numbers posted, it seems likely people are counting all of the quests as a group. However, if they are counting each one individually (or were prior to whatever change they made in the most recent maintenance), it is likely that people would not be reaching the cut-off number for automatically getting the recipe.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    With all the whining, counting, and threats in the thread [...]
    Speaking of whining... *passes the Cottonelle*

[...] While it was said there would be a maximum number of attempts to obtain the blueprint, it was not said if it counted all of the quests that could potentially give the recipe in total or if they were counting each individually. From the numbers posted, it seems likely people are counting all of the quests as a group [...]
    What? That is an absurd assumption. In my experience with players in and out of the guild (and in other servers) most players focus on one (1) quest type at a time. Spreading your crystal gambling like that would be ridiculous and not likely by the majority of the players. It would take a lot longer to get anywhere if one was to follow such a strategy. That being said, I would submit that when players make claims in this thread, that in general, they are discussing one particular blueprint, and each blueprint has only one path via The Excelsior (Books, Travel Guides and Letters).

The bigger question is, "Is anyone actually keeping track, methodically?" It would be nice to know what that magic number is, should anyone actually hit it. That would include all the previous players above who had issues, respond in this thread with what number try (and what blueprint) they obtained it on. Of course, only players who actually were disciplined enough to keep track should reply in order to maintain some sort of integrity.

[...] if they are counting each one individually (or were prior to whatever change they made in the most recent maintenance), it is likely that people would not be reaching the cut-off number for automatically getting the recipe [...]
    It seems that you may have the number of tries required before a given blueprint drops?! Really? If so, it would be very kind of you to share with the community that they may know. Also curious how you would have any inside information on the given players and their playing and spending habits to know how many tries that they have done or do on a daily basis.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    That being said, I would submit that when players make claims in this thread, that in general, they are discussing one particular blueprint, and each blueprint has only one path via The Excelsior (Books, Travel Guides and Letters).
    While I agree that it should be considered one pathway, there is a divergence in the pathway that continues to be ignored. I am addressing the manuscript pathways here, which does seem to be the one of concern (and the name of the thread). While there is a common pathway until the crystals are consumed to provide manuscript fragments, there are three different quest lines that provide the reward box (Compass, Threat, Characters). The location of the placement of the counter will make a difference, particularly on the side of the re-convergence.

If the counter is simply counting the number of reward boxes opened, then it should function as expected from the player posts. However, unless the total count is set very (unreasonably) high, it is unlikely that some have not reached the upper limit. However, if the check is performed when the box is awarded to the player, with the content set at the time of award, then it depends if the counter is registering all of the three quest lines or only the individual quest line that was completed.

As for the question of methodical tracking, from the posts made here, it seems unlikely there is much information. People who tend to be methodical would likely be posting their information to include the different quest attempts, if for no other reason to see if it is more likely with one quest line against another at the same time.

World
    Zeus
    If each individual quest (Compass, Threat, Characters) has it's own counter, then it's no wonder people are still frustrated in their efforts. If all three are counted as one entity for the sake of awarding the blueprint, then something is definitely not working as intended.

An explanation of the mechanics involved would go a long way here. There are times when it's "fun" for us to figure out how an aspect of the game works. This isn't one of them.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread