Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin refills drop

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    The refill idea is actually a creative solution
    Meh. Personally, this is my absolute least favorite thing they've introduced in quite some time.

World
    Zeus
    Well, it's the least favorite of a lot of people apparently. My point is, when explorers were given the ability to bring back pumkins from searches, either the patches had to be done away with OR some limit on how many pumpkins dropped from adventures had to be put in place.

3 noble patches cost 30 granite and 75 exotic wood planks and will yield 300 to 1,200 pumpkins, depending on buffs used.

3 common patches cost 450 marble and 600 hardwood planks and will yield 240 to 920 pumpkins, depending on buffs.

3 small patches cost 150 stone and 300 pine planks. Yield on these….. cause of the time, they're a pita but throw steak buffs on them and you still get 270 pumpkins out of them.

So that's what? Over 2,000 pumpkins for a very small amount of resources and a few buffs?? Before any refills being added.

For people without a lot of time to play, the loss of the patches would have been a substantial blow cause maybe this is the one event where they actually have a chance to get something. So I say BB did a great job with this. Yeah, it's almost impossible to get enough refills to keep all the patches going, but there are a lot of other ways to get pumpkins too. All in all this event is very well balanced when it comes to BB's consideration of various playing styles and work/school schedules. If enough people b**ch and moan, are we gonna lose the patches next year and have regular adventure drops? That would suck way worse than the way it is now. And it would mean every event would be exactly the same, which is kinda on the boring side.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I get your reasoning Perwyn but compared to past years how have prices for items bought with pumpkins done. If they go up then makes sense why people need more. I think the issue comes into that you do an adventure now and so a prize now is more likable. Having to wait for your prize seems tough. Reward those who are playing now why add a level of complexity with refills.

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, the whole pumpkin patch thing is a waste. The adventures dropping only refills stink. Since we are limited to 9 fields of ridiculous travel time (ergo production cycles really long for 6 0f the 9) we are thus further limited to a few pumpkins (relatively speaking). This limit severely hinders the player's benefit of running adventures for fills, since they will only be able to use so many regardless of their net yield. Effectively this provides the player with no incentive to stay on and play the game; it does provide very minimal extra work if you are so inclined to milk the fields to maximum effect, trick/treat/wolf, etc.. but even then the benefit is not that great for the time and commitment required. (No, I do realize the actual cost is small, but the benefits are small for the amount of work... easiest to just flop steaks on the commons and smalls and your choice of x3/x4 with long duration for the Nobles)

... and the drop rates of the adventures seems to have taken a serious hit as well, so...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    You seem to need to run an insane amount of adventures to get even a small amount of refills, so really, trying to refill the pumpkin patches isn't necessarily a viable strategy for most, IMO.

And that's OK. More ways to play for those who like to do different things is good.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Out of actual, real curiosity; does no one remember when pretty much everyone babysat the heck out of cemeteries and Tricked/Treated/paused/Tricked/Treated/paused somewhat obsessively? That was normal, for several Halloweens.

If BB's baseline for a successful event is most people getting one big item Halloween is not only successful with only the cemeteries-as-purchased with x2 buffs and a smattering of pumpkins from anywhere-else buying a Grim, but they've upped the ease of that by adding pumpkins to explorers for the first time and making the cemeteries refillable. Things people have asked for for years.

I get that there's more to buy, and that the usual favorite advs dropping a lot of 0s can be discouraging but... well, really? Trying to see the 'it's such a total pain' here, and kinda failing.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thambetochen View Post
    Trying to see the 'it's such a total pain' here, and kinda failing.
    Trying to find anyone saying 'it's such a total pain' here, and kinda failing.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    Trying to find anyone saying 'it's such a total pain' here, and kinda failing.
    rofl Touché! In those specific words in this specific thread. I've been reading a number of fora and a few different chats and that feeling is very much in the air. While the words 'total pain' aren't an exact quote, "I hate this refill thing" and "I hate having to watch the fields" are. There's also been some (paraphrasing) 'It's so bad people are just giving up and letting all the cemeteries run dry' which I find more puzzling than just strongly disliking them but still making them work.

It just happened I was online in this forum when the "Really? But last year, and the year before that, and the year before that... Really?" hit.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Most Halloweens I find it a struggle to get the necessary pumpkins, or at least I would if there were not a rather robust trade market for event resources. This one is not so much a crunch because the ability to get them from explorers far outweighs anything I may be losing from not getting them during adventures. With fewer explorers, I would be more concerned, but I'm not sure what number of explorers that concern occurs.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I already stop using refill on my pumpkin field after I got the 400 refill achievement.

I found that selling it much better. 1 refill can sell for more than 5 pumpkins.

I really don't understand why people want to buy it at such high ratio, maybe just to complete achievement?

or just because of their poor math?

Reply to Thread