Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pumpkin refills drop

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I agree that giving pumpkins from the explorer more than made up for the drop in the amount coming from adventures. However, from a playing perspective, it is a difference between logging in every 18 to 32 hours and resending the explorers and being online for extended periods and doing adventures. In addition, with the latter, it also means more social time for many and more shared participation in adventures (at some level).

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    I would guess the reason for reducing the higher level adventures is more due to the fact that they are predominantly multi-person adventures, and the intent was more to remove the benefit to people who are not doing their own adventures.
    And that is one of the issues I have with the distribution of the drops. IMO, they should encourage the multi-person adventures, at least over solo adventures and expeditions. One of the aspects of events that I enjoy the most is the renewed energy around co-operation and social interaction in the game during these events. Guilds are more active helping each other, and trade is much more active as players work on their goals for the event.

Tilting it towards solo and smaller adventures inhibits all of that. Given how much slower player activity has been recently, I would think BB would not want to encourage that kind of play.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I just dig out my personal data of 2015 Halloween .
    In 2015, my record of 96 BK ls .
    0 pumpkin: 18 ls (19%)
    18 pumpkins: 50 ls (52%)
    63 pumpkins: 28 ls (29%)

-------------
    now this year 2016
    my record of 44 BK ls
    0 pumkin refill: 12 ls (27%)
    6 pumpkin refill: 25 ls (57%)
    21 pumpkin refill: 7 ls (16%)

The drop rate is somewhat similar.
    It seems like pumpkin change to refill and reduce to 1/3 amount.
    But I can sell 1 refill for 6 pumpkin easily. (I don't know why..)
    The actual gain is double.

World
    Zeus
    I *love* that explorers bring back pumpkins. Best improvement this event. 2nd best (but closely related) improvement - not having to constantly run BK over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over unless you CHOSE to.

Pumpkin refills, eh. I CHOSE to let mine run out, so... no stress with keeping the patches going! As someone noted, once you are past the achievement point, it's better to just sell any refills you get outright, you'll get more that way.

I like that they've given people who play in different manners different ways to do this event. *applauds heartily*

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    I *love* that explorers bring back pumpkins. Best improvement this event. 2nd best (but closely related) improvement - not having to constantly run BK over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over unless you CHOSE to.

Pumpkin refills, eh. I CHOSE to let mine run out, so... no stress with keeping the patches going! As someone noted, once you are past the achievement point, it's better to just sell any refills you get outright, you'll get more that way.

I like that they've given people who play in different manners different ways to do this event. *applauds heartily*
    BK is just an example to compare drop rate, you still have to run blt or woodcutter over and over to level up.

Reply to Thread