Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2016

World
    Zeus
    I believe that 'Flanking' is the same as 'Attack Weakest Unit'.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Hey, test is still up. Maybe this maintenance is just an excuse to get people over there for 14 hours.
    One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Maybe one of your guildies can put tricks on your nobles till you get home? I'll be checking my guild members and tricking anyone with low pumpkins in the morning.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Tricking only works for two hours... but it's an idea... if my noble patches have any pk's left.

This thread is about christmas, if the Cubs win the world series it will be like christmas.... ugh Kluber.

World
    Zeus
    It's not so bad.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Tricking only works for two hours... but it's an idea... if my noble patches have any pk's left.

This thread is about christmas, if the Cubs win the world series it will be like christmas.... ugh Kluber.
    Go Indians.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Fair warning: Long post.

Okay though you still cannot try the three new generals out on test, BB_Alex has done a great job with us filling in the blanks. As they stand right now {made very clear this is all subject to change, and they have already} here they are and what they can do.

Vargus

15 minute travel time/ 2 hour recovery time.
    Splash damage.
    First Strike.

Enemy Units Deal 5% less damage.
    Enemy Units can No longer “Attack Weakest First”

Nusala

Splash damage.
    First Strike.
    Attacks weakest first.

Offensive units assigned to her gain first strike, splash damage, and attack weakest {offensive units are bowmen, longbowmen, crossbowmen, marksmen, and armored marksmen} See this post for an explanation of unit types.

Anslem

Splash damage.
    Attacks weakest first.

All enemy units hit with 0% accuracy. {For those unaware of what accuracy is, each unit has a high and low damage number. So an enemy with 80% accuracy and 50-100 damage will always do 50 damage instead.}

-------

What is still unclear is their troop capacity. In the latest change log we are told the generals will be released sometime next week to play with. There is a rumor that their capacity is 150, not sure where that comes from. There is also speculation that these can only be used on the 1001 Nights adventures. Not sure where they got that information from either.

Anyway, as it stands right now you can only get one of these three from the Christmas advent calendar so choose wisely. Which one is the best? In spite of what anyone tells you, there is no answer for that as it depends on how you play the game.

Vargus will protect your lower hit points units from those pesky dogs, bosses and the likes. No more making bowmen to protect crossbowmen. You are free to send cavalry to camps you would not have dreamed of before. Soldiers can now protect cannoneers if you wish. Knights are now even more pointless as you can replace them with swordsmen. Your betrothed armored and mounted marksmen are safe to live another day. Depending on how much damage he deals and the fact that he is first strike you can most likely use him as a sacrifice much like you would your Master of Martial arts. Depending on his troop capacity he will save so many lives which equals precious barracks time.

Nusala is more or less a cavalry upgrade. Almost any camp you sent cavalry or mounted marksmen at in the past, she will help decimate with extreme prejudice. You can substitute crossbowmen for cavalry, use bowmen to protect them in cases there is an enemy with “attack weakest” and she will tear that camp apart. Odds are if you are not in a hurry and do not mind sending one attack at a time you can pretty much kill off all those cavalry clogging up your population limit. Again, just like Vargus she will save you tons of lives and barracks time. Capacity is still a big question.

Sorry, that was Nusula classic, not Nusla light. She does give the splash and attack weakest to the aforementioned "attack units", but not first strike. Either way she will run the enemies through the mud as bowmen and such now have splash damage. With this change you will still need your cavalry. She will be good for weakening those camps where your units normally hit the boss first.

Anslem looks like he has taken the biggest hit since he was teased. Do not get me wrong he will be very helpful with saving lives, he just seems a little underpowered compared to the other two but that does not make him unworthy. His lack of first strike might not make him the best for sacrifice waves, but one other thing we do not know about these generals is how many hit points they have so I cannot make that claim with confidence. His big advantage will be against bosses. You take something like the Oasis Guardian that does 5-10k damage. With him the Guardian will only do 5k each round. That alone cuts half of your losses to start with, not counting how many more you will save from being able to bring more of your heavy hitters in their place. Again if the rumor of 150 troops is true, I would hope they would leave this guy at 200. Other than that he can save you plenty of lives along the way. You can essentially ignore caltrops and shadow sneakers with him as their low damage is 0, meaning you can throw those cavalry into your attack on those camps now. Yes, on the surface he is a bit less desirable but there is some depth to his combat mechanics and like the others he will save you many lives.

-------

So as of right now that is how these three generals are described to work. Evaluate your play style and choose which general fits you best. Once I get my hands on them I will give you an update filling in the gaps. I am sure, like me you want them all, but all you have to do is log in daily for 18 days and you get one for free. Though there is no word on it yet, I would not be surprised if the two you do not pick show up in the Black Market tab for an unreal amount of gems as Blue Byte likes food on their table as much as anyone else.
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I hope there isn't a minimum level requirement to get any of these generals. If they are Arabian only, there would be. On the other hand, lower level players wouldn't have any special prizes that day, so maybe they are for all levels.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    According to test server Nusala DOES NOT give AM first strike at all it says they dont gain it as they already have the att weakest skill target and gains splash from Nusala.

Therefore AM 2 skills become att weakest and splash, they dont inherit a 3rd skill

Statement below taken from test

Armored Marksman will benefit being with Nusala, since they will recieve the splash damage ability. Combined with the huge amount of damage those units are dealing (100-200), it will become a quite big benefit. Yes Nusala won't provide flanking to those unit, because they do already have this ability.

first strike and att weakest are under flanking which is the skill she passes on but like the above says they wont get the flanking (first strike) part due to them already having att weakest targets which is itself a flanking skill.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You are correct Sir, I missed that.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread