Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2016

World
    Zeus
    Of all the things that players could complain about this event, I am amused to no end on the sniveling about being able to get the achievements done. Please, cut it out and return to your safe-space. I know some players who normally only log on 1x day for 2-4 hours and were able to get 4 of the baskets done, then the unnecessary package of 50 each collectibles required, guaranteed two (2) baskets - free - nearly no effort. Complaining about the time it takes? Please, 1 hour per basket means that in 2 hours, each player was handed 40% of the required achievement - I think that the Mayor's house can find the time to squeeze in these orders, it is not like it required the Provision House or Rarity Provision House.

It is in my opinion that this basically made the achievement meaningless to the average player; The event achievements put out these days are terrible: A player who logs on 1x/day and does an average of one spawn (collectibles) and daily things will get the same achievements as those players who bust their tails; at the end of the day, the achievement points will be identical and not telling of the individual players and their efforts. Why not just give a single badge (or whatever) to all the players who logged in on the last day and be done with it.

Thoughts on the event:
    • The last few events (including this one) are shortened to 3 weeks from the 4 weeks TSO events used to be. The last week is no used as a transitionary period between Phase I (End of item collection, essentiall only trading/spending of the event items is allowed) and Phase II (Termination of event). IMO, the Phase II period should not count against the event.
    • Return the last calendar window to having a big, special, one-time item (e.g. XMAS 2013 Gold Tower) that is not tradeable. This would require logging on every day to get the last window and make it exciting to get, unlike Reindeer Bait or the like. Also, keeping the 'big item' a secret until the day arrives would be cool, leaving some suspense in the event.
    • The xmas adventures dropped by the calendar should be available to run during Phase II; fine if we can no longer generate the required buffs, but if we already have the buffs made, we should be able to run/play them.
    • The special (95 gems) adventures available in the Merchant do NOT guarantee a drop of event items (presents in this case)!? Ridiculous. Wasted time (and gems) running 3 and not one issued presents, pretty bogus.
    • This game (TSO) involves various aspects of the player, including producing items, building troops, maintaining resources, Adventures (including FT and AB types) and even for those so inclined, Expeditions (colonies). IMO, the achievements for each Event should contain some aspects of each of these areas. So what if some players do not play expeditions or if some rather chat or trade than adventure? Make some marks for each area, and make some difficult to reach so each players can make their own mark based on their playing style. The achievement system for recent events is vanilla and short of being a 1-day/week player, we all have the same marks. As an example, check out the achievement marks for Scenarios-Resources... tough, take a while, but actually will mean something if it is done. Let the achievements reflect our individual playing style.
    • Whatever changes were done at the beginning of this event has seriously impacted the lag and freezing of the game when other players visit your island or visit an adventure. Yes, there has always been some degree of said lag before, but I know now that if I buff my partner's island, the stop-freezing and lagging is now horrendous; communication with the player reveals that they experience the same thing while one is visiting the island. It is so bad in adventures now, I won't even invite taggers until I am completely done and at the last attack; this unfortunately requires delays of up to an hour depending on player availability, transfer time and attack time. In the adventure, we can prevent the delay to the last minute, if the tagging player(s) do NOT visit the adventure until they are needed to send the general, but in the case of visiting player's island, we are nearly incapacitated while another player is visiting/buffing, please look into that.
    • One thing I would have suggested available in the merchant for players to buy would be a General (like a Veteran). For newer players, the new generals are awesome for attacking and the Claus QM great for transporting, but having a Veteran General would be a very useful asset for up-and-coming players broaden their options.

On the flip-side, I have to say, the new generals was a nice twist, and will definitely add some variety of tactics employed to use them, thank you.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    check out the achievement marks for Scenarios-Resources... tough, take a while, but actually will mean something if it is done. Let the achievements reflect our individual playing style.
    Not to mention the task of even getting your hands on those. Sure, we got RotM and SR flooding our star now, but sanity prevails to justify the resources needed to run those for the achievements with 0 meaning.

Or the defending 1000 colonies from attackers, because you virtually have no dice in that happening and need to hope some noob attacks you so that counter actually moves somewhere. Assuming you can hold a colony for 7 days (dunno how it's these days), there is no achievement for that nor counts toward having defended/owned it for a 1 week no less. I'd be greedy to say "make it count toward it on a daily basis too" but....greedy.

Other games award you some sort of gift for certain milestones....different character skins, extra teleports or usually some other vanity/time saver item, nothing (at least from the games I know) that affects gameplay in any way by making your character passively stronger or whatever.
    This also doesn't reduce my hate towards achievements that get introduced years later into the game and you basically would need to start from scratch again to get certain achievements that you just can't be bothered doing anymore, potentially having done that several times over already.

And of course there are achievements that want me to quit games right away, especially on mobile. "You tapped your screen for the first time, amazing! Here is your achievement for not being completely paralyzed!" Fortunately I don't recall any such level achievements in TSO, then again, don't remind me if there are.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Very satisfied with my pick of Nusala. I have gone from 1 Wood Cutter a day to more like 1.5 without changing much. At this pace, it should only take me just over 8 years to reach level 75 with premium always on, a nice start toward the 275 billion XP of level 100.

Reply to Thread