Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2016

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    One feedback I have is, I wish BB changed the trading system, such that it is easier to see and track and price history of items...
    I mean, would you trade on stock exchange, without looking at the price history? Likely not...

The specific mechanics can be discussed separately (for those who might say, how is it even gonna work),
    but some of you might be asking, what does it have to do with this event...? Great question..

The reason I bring this up, is because I feel for new / lower level players, who didn't know what was best to do with their 2 Gingerbread houses...
    I think many players, even though are not as worried as I am for them.. ended up selling their GBH for god knows what price...

So giving out 2 GBH to every player, while a good thing from BB to start, only ends up with such precious and rare resources getting concentrated (in large numbers) once again with smaller number of players who know what and how to trade...

Its all legal, and nothing wrong in theory.. but I still think players should have a better chance of understanding the trades they are making, and hence the need for BB to have a formal price history..

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The lack of gingerbread and Christmas Bell collectibles was a little annoying. It would have been nice to get presents from adventures, but then the price of things for sell for presents probably would have been a lot higher, so all in all that was o.k.

I also would like a little more info about the 3 generals we can choose from the calendar. Not sure which is best suited to the adventures that I do.

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    well but the not nice things have to be said, otherwise theres nothing to improve

for newer players sure, this event was nice with alot of stuff to buy from the shop
    for veterans like me it probably was the worst christmas event, mainly because theres nothing new to buy from the shop, i guess we're expecting a new improved building and maybe a new recipe, atleast

relatively to the calender it was quite nice, some great stuff to get there, 2 GBH, 2 floating residences, a new unique general and a bunch of other decent stuff to fill the other days left
    As always = spot on - by EvilJ - **** I have totally become a fanboy....calendar great - shop blah - Im selling my presents for coin - sigh This Xmas has changed poor Domesday back to Ebeneezer Scrooge....
    Domesday
    Guild Leader Emeritus
    Sammy's Lost Legion
    "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
    Nikos Kazantzakis

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was happy with watermills, recyclers, and Claus. Not a great shop for those who have been around for a while, but I will get good use out of these things. I agree, though, the calendar is excellent.

World
    Ares
    Only real issue, I felt, was the dearth of bells and gingerbread in the collectibles. Way way too many canes. I like that the achievements were available to everyone regardless of level unlike the halloween event, and I like the way the calendar went.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    (1) I'd love to have the option to turn off my island when I'm out of town (like I was for 5 days at Christmas). It's a very tedious time consuming task to shut everything down and then start them up again. (2) How about offering decorations, not just holiday, in the shop for the events? As others have said, there's not much to choose from if you've been playing for a while. (3) please get a better balance of candy canes, bells, and gingerbread.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I have generally enjoyed this event. I especially appreciate the 2nd Claus. I always have tended to hold mine back to cover for troops I forgot to send and having a deeper bench is nice.

I actually like that newer players get to do a bit of 'catching up' with the RPH, recipes, etc. It's nice to see some of the up and coming players get to a par with those who have been around longer.

I'm even ok with topping out my wishlist earlier and easier because this is a busy time of year for me anyway.

The collectibles feel a bit stingy but we can't have it all done in the first week and just click calendar doors so I agree with this aspect.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think overall the Christmas event was really good. The only thing I can say would be to get the
    5 gift baskets needed for achievements(event) is not easy for those who cannot be on
    for long periods of time and only log on for an hour or two a day.
    They normally only get one batch of collectibles a day and since it is limited in the amounts that fall,
    they could never make enough baskets in that time.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Aeyline View Post
    Hi CoffeeCat,

We plan on offering the new generals in the shop at some point in the coming year.

Cheers,

BB_Aeyline
    I am hearing rumors that BB_Alex told someone on test server that this is not true..
    Can someone from BB can confirm for sure.. It (I) will be very sad to make decision based on wrong information from official sources.

Thank You

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The only thing I recall from the test server was BB_Alex saying they were still making the decision, but that was long, long before BB_Aeyline made this post.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread