World
    Ares
    Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    "Deer" BB_Santa.

I as well as many others have tried their best to do good all year. not for presents, but for the joy of making other people happy.

There is one thing I can think of that would make many people happy, that is a recipe for the Rarity Provision House to turn Exotic Wood logs into Mahogany Wood logs. This is a gift all settlers could enjoy. I ask you for this as I know you will do your best to see this dream come true BB_Santa.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and feel free to make use of the leftovers in the fridge.
    sincerely Crispysinder.

p.s. there is a fire extinguisher to the left of the fireplace, please relight the fire as you leave.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicklaus soon would be there.

Ed_The_Eldar

World
    Ares

Post Helping hand

Saint Nicholas
    Owner
    Sinterklass Industries Headquarters
    FI-96930 Arctic Circle
    Lapland, Finland
    While you are best known for your tireless efforts to make Christmas time magical for children since the fifth century in Myra, as a sailor your blessings have saved my crewmates and me while squalls tossed our ship to and fro as you did for that Turkish crew centuries ago.

Now that my service in His Majesty's Royal Navy is complete, I would like to repay you for standing watch over us these past years by helping you with your gift giving operations. While I might not be a nimble fingered elf with tiny fingers, I do know how to navigate by the stars and would be honored to be your navigator. I even have my own sextant, maps of the known world and a heavy winter coat I obtained on a recent mission to the land of the Nord.

If you could use me year round, I built my house (based on the pirate huts I had seen in service to the crown) with my own hands. I also carve and whittle simple toys for my many nieces and nephews; perhaps this experience with woodworking could be useful. I also apprenticed as a lumberjack with a local pinewood cutter when I was attending Village School (Go Pioneers!) and would happily sing carols while making firewood for your workshops at the North Pole if that is all the help you need.

Respectfully,
    MM3Lee
    Attached:
    1. Resume
    2. Letter of reference from my shop teacher
    3. Letter of reference from the woodcutter

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You asked for a letter to Santa so here it come:

Dearest Santa, I would like just one thing for Christmas.
    I know you receive so many letters this time of year and it is so hard to read them all and answer. But if you could grant me one wish this year, it would be this.
    Grant us all on this small little globe circulating around this very big sun, 24 hours of peace, 24 hours in which no one dies hunger or for their religious, and personal ethics. 24 hours when we all look at each other and say hello, not glare or ignore. 24 hours when this globe is a quiet, peaceful sanctuary.
    I know this is a hard request to fill. We are after all, all human. But I have grown up with the idea that you are a magical being, devoid of the human frailties we all share. And maybe some of that magic will work.
    Thank you Santa.
    P.S. A leather jacket in my size would be nice as well.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Dear BB_Santa,

I’m an Indy author and love Settlers. Here is a link to my amazon.com page: https://www.amazon.com/Aaron-Fuller/e/B005HA8KNW and my blog scifanfiction.com

For my letter, I wrote a mini-story with the Settlers theme. I’d love permission to create a Settler’s novel, using the in-game names, items, and themes. The novel would be about 90, 000 words and focus on the core gameplay of building up an island from scratch. That’s my wish!

Here is the letter:

Dear Quartermaster Klaus,

General Ekhart here, Company A of the King’s Elite Soldiers. We suffered a rough patch last week clearing out a nest of cultists. Our primary mission was to investigate an old church which was rumored to be the headquarters of the Bone Cult.

Sad to relate, the rumors were true. We lost a platoon of cavalry to an ambush; the cultists were led by a witch from a nearby swamp. My company, the loyalist of servants, crushed the cult leader and consecrated the Bone Church.

We beg you to open the kingdom’s armory in this time of need. Recruits are needed, but more important are the widows and orphans. Please, on behalf of Company A, release our store of gold coins to those survivors.

Our final wish, Quartermaster Klaus, is for a squad of crossbowmen. We will avenge our fallen brothers and hunt down that witch, but without powerful missile troops, only an idiot would venture deeper into the swamp.

May the blessings of the season find you in good cheer!

Sincerely,

General Ekhart, Company A, King’s Elite Soldiers

World
    Zeus
    Dear Santa,
    This is going to be your worst letter ever. I know you have it in your heart to try granting my wish anyway. Could you please try giving everyone else the light of the giving heart that you possess so that they may know the joy of selflessness? I know you can't give it all at once as some are poisoned against it, but it seems to me that patience is one of your many virtues. I know this is a bit late, so if I may ask something for myself, a reprieve from procrastination would be nice.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Dear BB_Santa,

The first Settler, Blue Byte did say,
    “Search for some coal, just one lump the first day.”
    In mines you’ll find coal, buried quite deep,
    In a cold island mountain, so, so steep.
    Settler, searcher, Settler, miner,
    Coal is your dream in deep sleep.

Time slipped away, Settler went far
    Adventures brought wealth, look in your Star
    But always a shortage of coal
    That’s what I want in my stocking toe!
    Settler, searcher, Settler, miner
    A gift of coal is my goal.

~ Holistar ~

World
    Ares
    Dear BB_Santa,

I am so sorry for disrespecting the pirate huts you gave in the 2013 Christmas event. I sold them to make room for noble houses and have been regretting it ever since.
    ~wipes away the tears~
    If you would give me one of two wishes, I promise I won't disrespect your love again. I know you will. I really want your sleigh bell. I would be ringing it all year long so angels can get their wings. If that is too much to ask, you have to gift me the other. PLEASE, give legs to those who have lost them.

With all the love in my heart,
    Saltybeing

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    (Cue the Music)

You better watch out
    You better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    B_B_Claus is coming to town

He's making a list,
    He's checking it twice,
    He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice

He sees you when you're chatting
    And he knows when you take a break
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for goodness sake
    (or get banned from global, make no mistake)

You better watch out
    You better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm telling you why

He knows if you’ve been trading,
    He gives event quests to be done.
    He wants you to help your guild and friends,
    He’ll give you presents; so let’s have fun!

You better watch out
    You better not cry
    You better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    B_B_Claus is coming to town!!
    Last edited by Ed_The_Eldar; 12-29-16 at 02:14 pm. Reason: spacing error

Closed Thread