Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: COA: Anslem vs Vargus

World
    Zeus

COA: Anslem vs Vargus

This is a comparison of the 2 generals just in the most popular ali baba adventures, which are the ones that really matter.
    Nusala is some kind of a stronger mma, means its good for the old adventures, not so much on babas so i didn't even sim it.

Long story short, i'm picking VARGUS, and its the one ill use on guides from now on, unless we can get the others in some way in the future.
    here's why:

some other notes:
    - vargus makes mounted bow piece of cake, that's where we get the most savings
    - anslem can be used in more camps than vargus, which means more walking, thus making it slower to run an adventure, this is also an important point to me, vargus is better at alternating attacks
    - i didnt sim FT properly yet because it wont matter to me for the picking, so i'll only sim vargus, on BLT it saves 103R (0.86h) and saves 1 mma sac

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    Long story short, i'm picking VARGUS, and its the one ill use on guides from now on
    The important part for many of you ^

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for this EJ!

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    [QUOTE=Evil_J;276996]

Long story short, i'm picking VARGUS, and its the one ill use on guides from now on.

THANK YOU, EVIL_J! The one and only true rock star in the game!
    Domesday
    Guild Leader Emeritus
    Sammy's Lost Legion
    "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
    Nikos Kazantzakis

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The Master speaks.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    ....- anslem can be used in more camps than vargus.....
    To me this is the important distinction between the two and why my personal choice will be Anslem. Not saying anybody's right or wrong, just saying I'm choosing him because I'll get more use out of him with the way I play the game, which includes making my own guides most of the time.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks EvilJ

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Thanks for the analysis.

To me this is the important distinction between the two and why my personal choice will be Anslem. Not saying anybody's right or wrong, just saying I'm choosing him because I'll get more use out of him with the way I play the game, which includes making my own guides most of the time.
    I think the chart at beginning is important. Anslem can be used more often and still doesnt save as much as Vargus. Except for 1st thief Vargus saves more time in all the others. Better to use on 1 camp and save 100 then use on 10 camps saving 5 each.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thank you.

This goes a bit further than what I was working up on sims by expressing results in hours saved for barracks, which is a great measure, imo.

As always, your work is appreciated, as is your willingness to share.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    I think the chart at beginning is important. Anslem can be used more often and still doesnt save as much as Vargus. Except for 1st thief Vargus saves more time in all the others. Better to use on 1 camp and save 100 then use on 10 camps saving 5 each.
    The time savings in the barracks is important. But with the combination of skunks and recruitment guides it's not the deciding factor for me. Being able to use Anslem instead of a major against a few camps and also being able to use him more than Vargus fits the way I play better than Vargus does. Also I'm not looking at only Ali adventures, but the Evil Queen chain as well. Not trying to be contrary just offering an alternate opinion. I don't think there's a right or wrong choice here, it depends on how a person is playing the game. If a person is using Evil_J's guides all the time, then they'd better pick Vargus since he is, otherwise, there are other factors to consider in the decision making process.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread