Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chrismass 2016: Bells

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I have over 100 canes and still haven't gotten 25 bells yet.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    With how badly the collectibles are skewed, I believe there is a missing element in this event: a sink for the currently useless oversupply of candy canes. We really need a sink for all 3 of the collectibles but since the canes are the only thing in actual oversupply, it's the only glaring issue at the moment. I bleieve most of us have enough candy canes right now to finish the event.

So what good are they? What can we do with them other than wait for them to go poof a month from now? Howsabout some sort of sink for them in the future? Doesn't need to be a great exchange rate, imo but we need something.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Exactly what I was saying in chat TboneX. As is, any extras have zero value since their only use is for that one item. Sure you can trade them, but when everybody has the same extras who is going to trade? My suggestion is to create a buff that uses the collectibles. Something like turning 15 Candy Canes into a buff that improves workyard production +200% for 4 hours or something like that. It can done with each of the collectibles, but let's face it, candy canes are the real problem. This way we can at least get some value out of the extras.

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    It took four days to get enough gingerbread for a basket of presents. FOUR days (with me picking up collectibles during two of the 3 daily spawns). And at that, I still had to buy the last one that I needed because I wasn't goign to wait until tonight to hope I got that one more. I have enough bells and canes for the last two baskets, without ever stopping to pick up another one during the whole event. This is insane.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    LOL people, use the TO.

Everyone seems to have enough canes. Half seem short on bells, the other half short on ginger. So be reasonable and offer 1:1 bells:ginger or ginger:bells trades and you should get them pretty quickly.

I sold 4x lots of four ginger for four bells in about 10 minutes yesterday, evened out my collectibles.

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I'm not sure how it's working out on Zeus, but on Ares people are taking advantage of the situation and selling bells and gingerbread for hundreds and thousands of coin.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    4 days is not bad. There are 21 days in the event, and you need to make 5 baskets to get all of the achievements. 4x5=20, giving you an extra day. Not much leeway, but some.

Yeah, the Trade Office is crazy and people are ***. Then again, when is it not that way? If you are looking for a good deal you should not be searching other's offers, but making your own. You can post 1:1 on Ares and people do buy them.

In the end, it is just an achievement that means nothing and will disappear after the event if you did not get it, gradually fading from memory. If you are worried about the 40 presents you might miss out feel free to friend request me in the game and I will send you them. Do not get me wrong, I understand the frustration and there is definitely a lack of balance with the drops, but none of the other collectibles are balanced nor has Blue Byte ever stated that they are supposed to be. It is nice to see an achievement that you actually have to put some effort into. Something that is not just another participation ribbon because everyone is a winner!
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Ares is pretty low on bells. Ginger is still high in price but bells are scoring the top sales. BB always did it that way, one collectible plentiful for all and the other 2 short in a 50-50 split for players. After so many years we all know it is not a glitch, but a design to spur some TO action. And frustration of course

I wonder if BB designers heard about Karma? I would suggest you guys get yourself familiar with the idea, taking under consideration the level of stress you are causing occasionally among thousands of players playing your game

And SweaterPuppies don't forget for how many players "accomplishments" not accomplished are such a soar in the eye:P Every time I look at my special Easter Storehouse from last year at lev 5 (didn't have enough achievements to get it to lev 6) I feel like I am less pink that I should be... :P
    [11:48] davivo: I don't know why you pick on the Nords so much, they're such nice friendly folk looking for a place to raise their kids
    [11:50] aZr4el: not my fault that they carry lots of xp around and wont part with it unless you take it from their dead bodies

Reply to Thread