Reply to Thread

Thread: Excelsior 1st level travel guides

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Excelsior 1st level travel guides

Don't get the wrong idea here, I like excelsior in general and it adds some nice new features.

I would though ask pretty please for a minor adjustment to the drops on the first level of travel guides:

I now have about a dozen of the ventures that get iron/copper mines in my star. I can't trade them, and I don't need them except if I'm so careless as to let my mines run out, so maybe once a month or less. At my level (and any player above about 30) there's not much point doing the adventure for the XP, it takes too long for the gain, we're better off running something more lucrative.

Up to a point one can trade the iron mine, but only so many players want them so they're not all that valuable. The copper mine, frankly, is more or less something to give away, as most high level players have endless coppers already, and low level players can never hope to keep the industrial mine working.

The reason I only have a dozen ventures is I stopped converting the pieces - I also have a stock of around 90 pieces to make even more ventures I won't use.

So, if I may ask, can we have the drop rate for those pieces lowered, maybe to as low as half what it is now - it will still be quite easy to get the ventures, even so - and the rest of the items raised accordingly. The ratios of the other drops seem fine to me, just that we get WAY more venture pieces than we will ever need.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewelyn1966 View Post
    Don't get the wrong idea here, I like excelsior in general and it adds some nice new features.

I would though ask pretty please for a minor adjustment to the drops on the first level of travel guides:

I now have about a dozen of the ventures that get iron/copper mines in my star. I can't trade them, and I don't need them except if I'm so careless as to let my mines run out, so maybe once a month or less. At my level (and any player above about 30) there's not much point doing the adventure for the XP, it takes too long for the gain, we're better off running something more lucrative.

Up to a point one can trade the iron mine, but only so many players want them so they're not all that valuable. The copper mine, frankly, is more or less something to give away, as most high level players have endless coppers already, and low level players can never hope to keep the industrial mine working.

The reason I only have a dozen ventures is I stopped converting the pieces - I also have a stock of around 90 pieces to make even more ventures I won't use.

So, if I may ask, can we have the drop rate for those pieces lowered, maybe to as low as half what it is now - it will still be quite easy to get the ventures, even so - and the rest of the items raised accordingly. The ratios of the other drops seem fine to me, just that we get WAY more venture pieces than we will ever need.
    Why don't you try the normal & long letters then?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Because they don't give me iron refills.

Reply to Thread