Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time limits on adventures

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Angry Time limits on adventures

2 days is not enough time. Why do we even have time limits? I may get 2 or 3 hours of actual play time in those two days which means I can NEVER finish an adventure and I am just throwing away my troops when I even attempt them. I just lost another one, cleared all but 3 camps with only 5 hours left on the clock. Really? I will be at work when this clocks out! Which also means my ability to level is also in the toilet! I am an adult that works full time, goes to school part time, and is a single parent of 2. Which leaves me very little time to play any game. Now if you did two days of actual logged in play time maybe.... But when I send my generals to the adventure by the time they reach the island I am off doing "adult" stuff, and may get back to it later that night or even the next day. God forbid I have to let one heal, there goes another 3 hours!

Sorry but your game is only set up for teenagers, college students, or people that have the time to spend. My time is precious - so if I cannot complete anything, why play? I checked for a post on this but could not find one. Blizzard has this right - I could log in today and pick up a quest I started 5 years ago and finish it with full points! 2 years of playing and I am only level 35 or so - BECAUSE I CAN NEVER FINISH AN ADVENTURE IN YOUR TIMER LIMIT!!!!!!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Sure be nice to have a bigger time window on low level adventures for reasons you've mentioned, it gets quite viable starting L42 though, not that it would help you at this stage I'd guess.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This doesn't really address your issues, but Traitors is a fairly simple adventure with a 3 day time limit.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Well - I wish they would consider it. I am getting tired of just playing on my home zone and am ready to start looking for something a little more fluid.

I think no time limit on an adventure would be fair if a player was only allowed 1 open at anytime. You have to finish before you can move on.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    That is the way it is. You can only have 1 adventure that you have started up at any one time.
    You can have a 2nd adventure open, if you were not the one to start it, and were invited to the adventure (likely as a loot spot, except for Co-op adv's).

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Yeah Kinson001 but you have missed the major point of all of this. THE TIME LIMIT!!!!!!!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Planning is the key.. have everything ready *b4 u start the adv* ;-)

World
    Ares
    Have to agree at lower levels and just starting adventuring the time limit could/should be relaxed. Lower level
    adventures times could be extended and it would make it a lot easier for getting going. Give folks an
    easier way to find their individual style and not put the pressure on.
    For now you might check the adventures for what you can handle and plan based on you troops and generals etc. Player guides
    usually have how many troops are required and some tactics to help you plan it out. Hang in there and you'll have
    plenty of cartoon blood on your hands.
    "I am who I am and that's all that I am"
    famous sailor

Teach a man to fish and he "borrows" all your gear. Sell a man a fish and he's the one who gets the witch tower

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I still think there should be NO time limit at all. For working adults this makes the game impossible to play. Forget the "planning ahead" - unless I build a ton of houses and have an extra 1000 troops all fitted up that will not work. Besides I only have a small amount of time to play - I am not going to spend "researching" adventures or building up. I just want to play as I want to play which is in short spurts. I will figure out what troops I need once I am in the adventure - "researching troops needed" spoils the fun for me. I like trial and error.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I like the idea of removing the adventure/scenario/venture/expedition time limits. I see no up side to having them.

Anyone who currently has issues with the time limits will get those resolved. The players who will benefit the most are currently at the bottom end of the ladder.

And it's one less complication to work around with updates.

Reply to Thread