Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Clicking

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Mouse Clicking

I have heard others complaining about the amount of clicking of the mouse this game takes, and until recently I haven’t really noticed or minded myself. However due to a new bump in the road having to reconsider for carpal tunnel issues that are now present, since that time I have had to rethink how I can play this game limiting those mouse clicks as much as possible. I had learned through work software and programs there are many shortcuts to avoiding the clicking mouse by using keyboard features such as; shift tab to go backwards, enter to move through boxes, control c, v, and p for copy paste and print. So my thought was I know we can’t lose the mouse altogether but after clickin on a general have the attack or transfer features be tied to a ctrl+A or ctrl+T, or a way to tab through the star, storage, or trades, using enter for the clicking of complete on quests or trades. Same for geologists and explorers searchings, and building the mines once deposits are found. I am not the most computer savvy person so anyone else have an idea or need to help bring back the keyboard???

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i fully support the idea of shortcuts with a view to making it easier on those with carpal tunnel syndrome,
    or other problems with using the mouse.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Im sure that Natsue is not only person with this problem. And certainly more to follow. So it seems like it would be good idea for BB to start looking into it now, to keep dedicated players like Natsue and others from having to leave or greatly limit there play.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Nice idea if they can implement it

oh btw.. Meep!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree with the amount of clicking that is in Settlers. I enjoy Setters, but I clearly understand that with amount of mouse clicking, it is can be difficult and almost impossible for players that have carpal tunnel and other conditions that make the clicking of the mouse painful. More shortcuts is an great idea.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    +1 there are plenty of things that could be done by keyboard shortcut, if coded - could have letters for common buildings, for one. menus you can tab around and enter-to-launch, press Y on the keyboard for yesno things etc.

even just reduce the number of stages: like, you complete a quest (e.g. guild daily) then you have to click again on the "quest done" for it to register. There's no reason why guild quests shouldn't autocomplete.

It's not only issues with mouse use, either: mice have limited lifespans, and more clicking = buying a new mouse sooner.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I definitely think more shortcut additions would be great for both the game and players if possible to implement. Could overlap some that may behave different whether on an adventure map or at homezone. We already have P for Provison House and H for Mayor's House, but some other may be handy as well:

Homezone:
    T - Trade Office
    M - Market
    G - Guild Page

Adventure Map:
    [Home] - Return to Homezome
    G - Garrison/cycle through Garrisons

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've been waiting for the day we can get rid of some of the excessive clicking altogether. I'm not sure what technical limitations there may be to doing multiple things at once, but there are some necessary evils that become more evil than necessary over time. When I send 20 explorers on an artifact search at the same time, I have to do so one at a time. Then I have to accept their rewards one by one by opening mail and sending to star. Battle reports, put them in another folder and let me delete all or just ignore them until they expire. If I'm buffing all 12 of one building, how about an easier way? At least now I don't have to wait 3 seconds between each one, but fewer clicks would be nice.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree. It would be a great advantage to BB to update the user-friendliness of this game we all enjoy so much. It'll be a win for BB because they won't lose players to something that is in their control to improve upon. And us addicted players can continue with Settlers

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I agree with everyone else here!!!! If they did short cuts, it would make it a lot better. Not so much clicking would be needed. Such as using different letters on the keyboard for the different menues. For example:

M - Mail
    T - Trade Office
    E - Economy Overview
    B - Build Menue
    S - Star
    G - Guilds
    R - Ranking
    C - Colonies
    etc

Reply to Thread