Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel and Movement times (time for an update)

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Travel and Movement times (time for an update)

I've been doing PvP lately and well, I'm getting spoiled on actual gameplay. So I would like to bring back a suggestion that surely has been asked before.

Current travel and movement times to and in an adventure need to change please. Please mimic the PvP speed.

1) Quick to adventure (2min for Marshal or Tavern)
    2) Quicker walking and garrisons in adventure
    3) Slow to return (58 minute return)

Half times for fast generals.

That way BB keeps the travel time intact, and we have more fun playing versus waiting for generals to land or move.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I would not be opposed to quicker travel times to adventures. However the super fast marching the PVP generals do leads to a lot of dead generals due to the game acting faster on intercepts, especially after you just defeated a camp, than you can react. Also if I am trading fast travel time to adventures for a slow return back... that is like choosing to be shot in the foot or stabbed in the hand.
    One army. Pretty please.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I wouldn't mind faster travel time to and from adventures but why not make it part of a science system skill set for generals?

Let people choose their attributes by how their books are spent, as we do with explorers and geologists.

(Of course, I don't think I'll EVER have all my existing guys/gals booked up so I'm not sure why this appeals to me...)

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    There's talk of general skill trees still if you believe it. This is a no brainer to add as an option, and I actually have a way to make enough books now. I don't want to have to worry about redoing blocks, though, so I can live with the current speed if that were to be the plan. Of course, the typical counter to that is that they can just make the generals walk faster except during battle, but they don't support blocks anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if they used this as a way to at least temporarily throw a wrench into the works.

I really like the fat guy who gets too full of cookies to return home for an hour and a half. That's a long wait if you really want someone to come right back, although he doesn't fight so he can take as long as he wants and it normally doesn't matter, but having him get to the adventure in 2 minutes is nice.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    ...but they don't support blocks...
    I will steal a Hellvena line... if they do not support blocks...

Why is it in the help archive?
    One army. Pretty please.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Support in this case meaning you can do it, but don't complain to us when it goes wrong.

World
    Zeus
    "you'll lose the units of the general that you're blocking with" refers to Expedition Blocking.

A successful block in normal adventures does not lose any units in the blocking general.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    While not officially supported, BB_Alex recognizes it (now) as an integral part of the game and doesn't give the vibe to eliminate blocking whatsoever. Nevermind they could kill blocking with 1 line in code, they actually have expanded on blocking, Master of Self Defense aside, the new introduced chain blocking (a Gen waiting inside the camp will instantly engage the camp again if the previous Gen died without re-activating the aggro zone) was a massive step in that direction. With that feature alone I added 4 blocks to SLT and there are more such scenarios to be had. If they were to also increase walking speed, without adjusting for anything else, blocks would become even more amazing *_*

Now to get more Tavern Gens haha

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Now to get more Tavern Gens haha
    Except the community voted against tav general in previous guild market survey. Grrrrrrrr. I am still butt-hurt about that.

I really enjoy the stacked blocking; it's a very useful tool.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    pretty sure it was a bhg

Reply to Thread