Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Production numbers for Crisis Quest

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Production numbers for Crisis Quest

I have found that the production count in the quest does not match what is happening in game.
    Specifically, I produce water now at 51k/12 hr but after 3 hours the quest registers only 1k produced. It should have taken less than 2 hours to produce the required 7500 water according to Economy Overview. It is on pace to complete in about 20 hours according to the Quest log.
    Yes, I turned all production facilities off and on again after buffing them. Roughly, it seems to only count Watermill and Improved Watermill, not Wells.

Ideas?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It counted the wells for me. Do not know what to say.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Is your water maxed out? Can't produce more when storage is maxed, except for amounts used by other buildings and replaced... I haven't got to water quest yet, so no idea.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    That did it! Thanks for the question, KingHomer.
    I sold all my water for nothing and my quest production count went racing as it should have 4.5 hours ago. Perhaps this bug can be fixed in the coding... (yes, it can)

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    There are icons on test that indicate when the resource you are producing is full in the storehouse. I welcome that so that I don't have to keep checking.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I actually like Zondig's suggestion that this is a bug better. I see these as two separate, but overlapping issues - quests not recognizing production and no 'full indicator'.

Who cares if your storage is full - the quests should measure the amount PRODUCED, not the amount that goes into storage. I think the measure itself is inaccurate as it currently exists. Either change the quest text to say 'place into storage' or make the measurement match the quest text.

While most of us eventually figure out the whole deal about keeping our storage from getting full, it seems better to address the root of why the quests aren't working than to apply a workaround like a 'full icon'.

I will readily admit that a full icon could be useful in and of itself for some people, but since I check my storage levels daily anyway, it's a personally useless icon for me. It won't do me any good when I'm not actually looking at it and any time that I'm available to see it, I'm also on top of my storage situation.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    If your storage is full, the amount produced is 0 until it is not full. It does measure actual production, whether you are storing it or using it as a consumable resource to make a product. It does not measure the amount you could potentially produce if your storage were not full. The economic overview takes this into account by telling you that you are at max.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    If your storage is full, the amount produced is 0 until it is not full. It does measure actual production, whether you are storing it or using it as a consumable resource to make a product. It does not measure the amount you could potentially produce if your storage were not full. The economic overview takes this into account by telling you that you are at max.
    I don't think that this is right though. You can say that nothing is produced because we don't receive anything but that doesn't ring true to me. Production timers still run, settlers are still employed in buildings, and input resources are still consumed. So every indicator of production occurring except the actual production number ticking along show production. That's what makes me lean towards agreement with the suggestion that this is a bug, rather than a feature.

World
    Zeus
    when "capped" production stops, no input resources are consumed.

World
    Ares
    Production timers don't run, either, when you're maxed out. Yes, a dude is still at the building, but all production completely stops if there's no place for the finished product to go. Basically, the building goes into sleep mode, as if you'd clicked the Stop button on the building. It's not a bug.

Some sort of indicator that something has been maxed out is generally a good idea, though.

Reply to Thread