Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic (optional or not) completion of quests once goal is met.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Automatic (optional or not) completion of quests once goal is met.

Hello, with the latest quest challenge was thinking about this as time is so important.
    But can we have the ability, even as an option on the quest if some don't want it, to pre approve a quests completion?

Example.
    Quest needs you to produce 10K iron, and pay 2K iron from your storage. So you're waiting for your mines to get the 10K, but it will happen at 3AM.
    I have 100K iron in storage and have no problem paying that. So I choose the NEW option to automatically pay the 2K iron and complete the quest and continue on.

Because otherwise I have to log in at 3AM (not going to happen), or miss that many hours in a time sensitive quest chain. Paying for stuff, making buildings etc to do the quest quicker I'm fine with, part of the building fun. Login times, not so much heh.

Thanks
    MM.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I agree. I was able to complete the Crisis several days ahead of some people in my guild for only one reason: presence.

Not once, but twice I completed the production portion of a quest right before the server was taken down for fixes. This meant that I got a leap on the production step of the next stag of the quest while those people who don't have an active login most all day long and aren't able to watch their production down to the minute - didn't.

I could argue 'opportunity cost' all day long as the root cause but I think that being present to click the quest button - it's a silly reason for me to get ahead.

I would like for the player to have to be online and click something while the quest is active - don't want someone to only log in once a week and collect all quest rewards, but something to help out those who can't be online all the time would be in order.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Wouldn't really matter as the key factor for you in this is to be able to start the next quest (if chain quest), but you will not get issued a new quest until you log in. So if the change doesn't also come with getting a new quest issued while offline as well, this is but a waste of time for the devs to work on.

There might be a case for guild quests here and there, but if those few resources every so often are a "deal breaker" then the issue is at another end altogehter.

Reply to Thread