Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: !!!Easter event warning to level 50-51 players!!!

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Exclamation !!!Easter event warning to level 50-51 players!!!

the problem is BB split event quests lv 40-50, and lv 51-75 but the second task of the second quest is to produce 350 mahog lumber. But you have to be level 52 to build mahog sawmill. So level 50's stop doing adventures till easter, and level 51's get busy and make level 52!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    So the event will be impossible for anyone unfortunate enough to be level 51? I hope BB is reading this and will make the necessary changes before then.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I hope BB is reading this and will make the necessary changes before then.
    You must be kidding. It will go live as it is and will get hotfixed some 2 days later with a maintenance that keeps extending itself a few times because it's your day off and you actually wanted to play too.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    lol, sadly all they need to do is change quest range to -51, and 52+, seems like that would take like 9 seconds to fix the code right now.

I know I don't know how the code is set up... it's harder than that, but they'll be many tickets to support saved by fixing it now.

World
    Zeus
    ...or even something like replacing 'Produce 350 Mahogany Lumber' to 'Produce 350 Exotic'.... idk
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTain-Lee View Post
    the problem is BB split event quests lv 40-50, and lv 51-75 but the second task of the second quest is to produce 350 mahog lumber. But you have to be level 52 to build mahog sawmill!
    Hello Settlers,

Thank you for reporting this inconsistency. I have asked the developers to review the quest requirements and investigate this. Let me know if there are any other questions or concerns regarding the upcoming event!

See you in-game,

BB_Aeyline

World
    Ares
    I have a concern about it and I've been considering completely ignoring the event this time around. I do think you caught a potential ugly here and I have complete faith in the developers handling that before the event launches.

My thing has more to do with the banner shortage and the rapid increase of price of the barrack buffs along with the heat on the provision houses. A long time ago when they started the game of buff to correct balance issues and then went on to increase the demand on our provision house for events, we asked for another one. We got it but it makes different things. Yes we can do events in either one but it barely touched the demand and that demand has increased over time as it's become more and more the game of buff. I am one of those on level 50 and maybe 51 by the time this event starts. My island is set up to produce and sell buffs as we never have enough mined resources and I can but what I'm short on in the TO.

But it doesn't work that way. Both provision houses and the barracks always have 3 to 14 days queued and waiting. Mines need to be continually buffed. We get quest after quest of buffing friends and other things that need the provision house. The new adventures use them as does side quests coming out of the excelsior. Then we get that make 10 gold coins every other day in guild quests. With the back log of days in queue, I'm just selling off the resources going into those unmade buffs. Now those coins are going into barrack buffs.

I can't imagine trying to do an event that will add more heat on to the barracks or either provision house and that was before I crossed into 50. The land of fairy tales and the "Lots of Weapons" quest all those sweet cannon/cannoneer quests and "Conquer Islands Archipelago". I'm already ignoring ALL daily and guild quests needing use of the houses or barracks even the little one of producing 10 gold coins with the golden brew mug. The bottle neck is going to choke me out of the event this year. And those warning saying don't do adventures anymore to get ready for it, that's two months away. I don't want to stop advancing in my game for 2 months for an event I might not even be able to complete.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    50 to 52 is about a BK a day or less from now until Easter, so I wouldn't flat out stop unless you don't adventure very much. I would hope, though, that this is fixed, since it's a pretty large oversight.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Okay... this was posted 2/13/17. Today is 3/7/17. No news on it as of yet? I happen to be one of the folks right there on the line. Frankly, if I do a single adventure now, it will put me into level 51. I once played several BB games, but quit all but this one because, for some reason, BB seems to have a "couldn't care any less" attitude toward it's customers. See that big swath of days between your noting the problem and no answer? Even a "What? We'll get that fixed before the Event starts!" would be fine, but no... no answer. That's a serious issue, a customer service issue as well as a product service issue, don't you think? I do. So, my solution: I will keep playing as normal, and if there isn't a fix, I will just swear off any and all BB games from here on out. :-) I play for frustration relief, not frustration increase.

World
    Ares
    Hello there SirKeither,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the upcoming Easter Event. As I explained on February 13th, the developers have been notified of the reported inconsistencies. As you may be aware, the version available on the test server does not represent the final content of the Easter Event, and players are asked to leave their feedback on the official test server forum so that appropriate changes can be made.

While we understand that unexpected issues can be frustrating, our team is constantly striving to address eventual problems that may arise in order to provide a pleasurable gaming experience for all our players. The Developer's Diary for the event hasn't been finalized yet, but we will share more details with everyone as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you,

BB_Aeyline
    Last edited by BB_Aeyline; 03-08-17 at 04:06 am.

Reply to Thread