Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log February 21st, 2017

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    Too many exclamation points are annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I didn't realize what this would mean when I scanned over the list of changes, but logging in this morning and seeing all my wells and bakeries and horse houses flashing with big warning signs above them was kind of unsettling. It took me a little time to figure out that it was just because I had reached storage capacity (which for some resources is actually nice to maintain). I think this is one change that the developers could backtrack on. But if they would like to keep it, I think they should also consider adding some settings in the options menu so players can select which kind of alerts show above their buildings.
    I second the idea of an option and suggest a change in the colour of the exclamation mark.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Replace with hashtags.

World
    Ares
    really? The pop cap is reached and a swarm of schools gives me the one eye?
    Could we please request that these and other ideas turned aberrations possibly
    be looked into for some improvement. I would also like to submit a few ideas
    to the artists for the huff-an-puff turned flowerpot Excelsior skin grafting. A move
    in the right direction, but possibly a few more choices that don't look like they
    need to be watered. Great work on the other features and improvements except
    maybe...has anyone mentioned the chat window.....
    "I am who I am and that's all that I am"
    famous sailor

Teach a man to fish and he "borrows" all your gear. Sell a man a fish and he's the one who gets the witch tower

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    After dealing with the new icons for about a week, I have mixed feelings. The icons over the schools, which I would not consider normal production buildings, are simply useless to me. The icons over the regular production buildings are more useful, as it is much easier than routine checks of my storehouse to see what products have capped out again. However, I find it difficult to tell the difference between the product full icon and the out of resources icon. A change in the icon used would be very helpful, as the red exclamation point dominates the icon and the items within the much smaller circle do not stand out well. As one suggestion, changing the product full icon to just a larger circle with the crates would be appropriate.

Having the ability to turn off individual warning is also a great idea. The problem I see is that adding new preference controls is a much more difficult feature to add into the program than just changing the icon. While I would like both features added, I would rather the developers not wait to introduce both features at the same time.

World
    Ares
    I agree. We have way too many bouncing icons, particularly red exclamation points now. While I would love the ability to be able to turn some off, maybe the best would be to change the color of the capped resources icon. Make it like a dark yellow or dark orange instead of the same red. The little icon at the bottom cannot be distinguished quickly from the out of resource icon, but a change in color would make it instantly more recognizable.

Please remove from the village schools. I agree with many that it is really useless to have on a population production building.

Guild Leader

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I tend to look at any of the bouncing exclamation points as indicators that I'm not utilizing a resource.

Full pop is a reminder to get my keister into an adventure.

World
    Ares
    I would suggest a couple of mods to the "bouncing icons". Out of resources change "!" to a circle with a line through it. For no more room use the red "!" as it is. and for upgrades, switch the "!" with a full size green up arrow used already (small) for upgrading buildings.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by MM3Lee View Post
    I would suggest a couple of mods to the "bouncing icons". Out of resources change "!" to a circle with a line through it. For no more room use the red "!" as it is. and for upgrades, switch the "!" with a full size green up arrow used already (small) for upgrading buildings.
    Can we get away from the red/green color schemes?

Howsabout running color ideas past a few color blind folks, game designers? There's a whole lot of palette that's usable without picking a set that automatically excludes about 6-8% of your potential customers.

Reply to Thread