Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General Skill Trees - First Thoughts

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Rapid Fire: Don't overlook this skill if you do a lot of bow sacs against Bears, Boars, Royal Militia, etc
    Did a few quick sims, prone to some mistakes and or finer details
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...4987#post44987

Jog: meh……. The speed increase is pretty underwhelming. Anyone who does blocks will need to have enough books to give this skill to all/most of their generals at once, which might be a bottleneck for quite a few people.
    Unsure how you can knock Jog to this degree while fanboying Confident Leader in the same breath. 3s per round, when many fights last maybe 2-3 rounds (aka 6-9s) and others of course quite a lot longer, the avarage block is "at least" 20 flags travel time, which is 13s saved, that would alreadyequate to 4 rounds on Confident Leader. Also a decent amount of blocks that have more than 20 flags increasing the savings. Not to mention the it will affect the entire walking speeds across the board, although those cancel out as far as block times go, you do get back minutes from their turtle walks, Woodcutter L2 and L3 are fairly long.

But yes, the book investment is fairly steep, especially if you don't pay attention to who is skilled and not.

Weekly Maintenence: Meh…. adding a little dmg to beseigers might be ok for Anslem since he's limited in troop numbers, otherwise…
    Also on my link above, I'd think K will profit more from that, if one has a FT focus that is. One shotting bears be neat.

World
    Zeus
    LOL everyone kept asking for gens to walk faster and now that you can have it is just 'meh' awesome skill for sure, i would like to see it in increments of 10% though.

Also 'cleave' is not that bad, im considering it for tavern/mod gens for blocking, along with annex 2/3 on annex and master planner on top tier, so we get 210 unit blockers that will have elite soldiers always dealing 52 damage, can lower block numbers and add new blocks on stronger camps

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    LOL everyone kept asking for gens to walk faster and now that you can have it is just 'meh' awesome skill for sure, i would like to see it in increments of 10% though.
    Guessing because it's such a low bonus, make them go Marshall and those Meh's are back on board lol

Also 'cleave' is not that bad, im considering it for tavern/mod gens for blocking, along with annex 2/3 on annex and master planner on top tier, so we get 210 unit blockers that will have elite soldiers always dealing 52 damage, can lower block numbers and add new blocks on stronger camps
    Radical 180 from your last stance, did you sim anything together yet to see how viable it gets or is this mostly based on intuition knowing that you will able to adjust the numbers accordingly for most everything even if soldiers etc may be required?
    Considering the amount of blocks we can currently do with E as it is, just getting Garrison Annex might be enough to save up enough new blocks as well. Often times I had problems where I needed to deal more dmg (aka bring XB or K) but at the same time had to lose HP that I couldn't afford to do without XB/K dying, but since E block them....meh.
    If you happen to bring any data to the table in that regards, I'll be gladly taking a look at it, not sure when I'll get around to do that or if I will even bother until the final version makes it live.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Guessing because it's such a low bonus, make them go Marshall and those Meh's are back on board lol
    Bingo!! If it was Marshall speed, or even close, I wouldn't knock it at all. As it is, it's still turtle speed, just a more well fed, younger turtle.

Also, even tho slightly faster walking speed will shave a few seconds to make a few blocks more solid, the trade-off seems too high. Having to sacrifice Unstoppable Charge in order to use Jog...... for me anyway, I'd rather have knights doing splash dmg all the time than shave 5 minutes off YWC and/or have one or two blocks improve and/or become viable. Plus, every single general has to have Jog, so it's more tomes and holds up getting higher end skills for attack generals while making those tomes. If I could use it selectively without having to worry about some huge cluster down the road cause a general didn't have the skill, I might reconsider.

I'm thinking Confident Leader is gonna be helpful on some of those long attacks on a leader. The ones where it's multi-waves, adds up to 4 or 5 rounds and the block has too big a chance of failure. If there are things I'm totally missing/not thinking of, let me know.

Thanks Ceruhe for posting that bowman, etc table. Good info!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    The problem with jog, as mentioned, is that you'll need to give it to every general you use all at once for it to be effective. That's 3 to 8 tomes depending on your exact desired setup per general in one swoop. For many older players, that's literally 100 tomes plus.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    The problem with jog, as mentioned, is that you'll need to give it to every general you use all at once for it to be effective. That's 3 to 8 tomes depending on your exact desired setup per general in one swoop. For many older players, that's literally 100 tomes plus.
    I predict some counting of steps, time estimates, carry the one, send now, omfg- that went poorly, hair pulling experiences for those who don't heed the wisdom of keeping all their generals at the same walk speed.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I am hoping I am not the only one feeling this way......some of the skills are good....but for an average player....I think this is going to make the game too technical. With all the options, how can you make a guide to fit? I happened to another game I played....it ended up costing them a lot of loyal players.

Just my 2 cents
    Come and sit with us and drink a cup of Java.
    We are a fun loving group who believe in paying it forward.
    We have experienced players who truly enjoy passing on their experience and knowledge of the game.
    CoffeeHouse (DCAF)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Keep in mind this change doesn't make any generals worse, and any guides that currently exist will still work - so yeah, people that want to be technical and people that have the resources will get some extra milage, but this doesn't hurt anyone.

It would be really nice if there was a discounted/free book refund chance when this skill tree was first released - without the Manuscript recipe this is going to make books spread real thin, and letting us shift some would help a lot.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    +1. My thought, exactly. Until you have all the books necessary to ug most, if not all your generals, good luck keeping track of which general is what! I never had a problem with the battle speed, and the increase is so small, anyhow.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    ummm .. i'm a relative noob at this game, but you all do remember you can name your gens right? not that hard to come up with a scheme to quickly tell which gen is upgraded, which is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    +1. My thought, exactly. Until you have all the books necessary to ug most, if not all your generals, good luck keeping track of which general is what! I never had a problem with the battle speed, and the increase is so small, anyhow.

Reply to Thread