Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: General Skill Trees - First Thoughts

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Even if all your generals have jog, don't expect that your existing blocks still work.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I will, might need to revise some but meh, looking forward to all the new blocks I can get ;D

World
    Zeus
    ofcourse all current blocks will work, actually theyll be even safer

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    What if you aren't dexterous with clicking? Will you run into the potential of tight blocks ending too quickly?

World
    Zeus
    youll gain time with the gens walking faster, all current blocks will be made safer
    currently 1 flag = 3.33secs, with 3 books will be 2.33secs

10 secs saved over a 10 flag walk, thats 1 round

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Battle frenzy is sometimes a valuable asset for Anselm. I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating points that have been made already. Anselm often takes a long time to kill camps. The most extreme case I have noticed is a camp at the east end of Oil Lamp with 200 mounted sailors and 2 steersman. It's not necessary to kill this camp to complete the adventure. It's part of the "medium run," which I always complete for better xp. Here's my usual attack:

ANS 76 MS 74 B (lasts 32 rounds with max loss of 76 MS)

Add 3x Battle Frenzy and this is the best attack: ANS 46 MS 104 B (lasts 10-11 rounds with loss of 46MS)

Add 3x Garrison Annex and this is the best attack: ANS 45 MS 6 AM 114 B (lasts 10 rounds with loss of 45MS)

Add 2x Weekly Maintenance and this is the best attack: ANS 43 MS 22 AM 100 B (lasts 9 rounds with loss of 43MS)

Note that Battle Frenzy will have little or no effect if Anselm makes a quick kill, and usually the effect will not be this great. I simmed Anselm in a few other camps in Treasure of Wisdom, Fisherman and Red Riding Hood. In many cases 3x battle frenzy reduced MS losses by 5-10%, and Garrison Annex will probably have a bigger effect in many cases. I added Garrison Annex in one of the camps and it more than doubled the reduction in lost troops. But I haven't had time yet to sim other camps with other combinations of battle effects.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Add 3x Battle Frenzy and this is the best attack: ANS 46 MS 104 B (lasts 10-11 rounds with loss of 46MS)

Add 3x Garrison Annex and this is the best attack: ANS 45 MS 6 AM 114 B (lasts 10 rounds with loss of 45MS)
    I will assume there is no typo....it reads like Garrison Annex makes no difference whatsoever on this one haha
    Though they are 500k HP ships that need to be taken down....guess GA just adds to the overkill at the end without making much of a difference.
    Just for curiosity, got numbers handy for 3x GA but without the Battle Frenzy? As in comparing it to the vanilla version of that setup if that shows "impact" at all.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    it reads like Garrison Annex makes no difference whatsoever on this one
    Adding Garrison Annex on top of Battle Frenzy reduces the losses on this camp from 46 to 45 MS.

Since my last post I simmed some of Anselm's attacks in Princess with similar results. GA usually has a more significant effect than this, reducing losses by another 10% or so on top of the benefit from BF. BF has no effect in camps Anselm kills in one or two rounds, but the effect becomes significant in attacks that last 4 or 5 rounds. In one camp in Princess where Anselm's attack normally lasts about 11 rounds, adding BF reduces MS losses by about 30%.

I haven't done any sims for Anselm using GA but leaving out BF. FastSIM has the same hierarchical requirement for skills, so BF gets added in first. But it's an easy tool to use, so give it a try if you need to know!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Adding Garrison Annex on top of Battle Frenzy reduces the losses on this camp from 46 to 45 MS.
    That's what I mean, no difference whatsoever on that camp....1 less give or take haha, but I understand it's because the nature of that camp/boss and not because of the skill itself. GA for Anslem is probably the single most OP skill

What I think I meant to say is "on that camp" GA makes no difference but BF will kick *** hard. Have been too lazy to sim which is why I asked for a GA version that excludes BF in the setup as to see the difference to the "vanilla setup". Anyhow, GA for Anslem is a no brainer either way

Reply to Thread