Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Books for generals

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Complete the long letter quest, in excelsior, but its a chance drop so not gauranteed. Ive tried 63 times so far to get it, many people get it first time though.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    As the game is down atm, I can't give the exact names of things as my memory isn't THAT great..

In the Excelsior:
    Long Letters quest has a chance to give the recipe for Manuscript.
    The Book one you get at lv 56(?) where you get the adv chain ending with Snow White, on top of giving you the Epic Farmyard and Blueprints for it, has a chance to give the recipe for Tomes.
    Then at Lv 63(?) you can try your hand at getting the recipe for the Codex.

I just hope that when they roll out the skill tree for Generals, they roll out the refund (discussed in a different thread) for the Geo's and Explorers shortly thereafter.
    I still hope it's in the form of a token (like premium tokens), rather than a short duration it can be done for free, so that people who don't need/want it at the time it is offered, aren't excluded from the opportunity.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    well adding queue to bookbinder would help tremendously. I've been playing for years and I have tons of geos and explorers to train yet. I can only log on certain times and most of the day bookbinder just sits there unused. shame!!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Good to see some response
    Do remember though, you high level players, what it's like at a mere level 40 or so. Even if you managed to crank the bookbinder up to 6 it's painfully slow without spending gems - and I talk to much higher levels than me (53) who still have yet to finish booking their explorers and geos as much as they would like.

Adding generals to the mix really does make the book thing silly: and it's not even as if it's cheap to speed up occasionally with gems, not at 200 per book.

I would suggest the second bookbinder for a moderately high gem cost - but that's unfair to those who can't play, so maybe that could be as well, rather than instead of an event.

Alternatively, a quest (or better a quest chain) somewhere around level 30 with the 2nd bookbinder as end reward is another option. By level 30 it's starting to be obvious that books are a bottleneck

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman65 View Post
    I think we should hide the books from the generals. Education is dangerous.
    I have to agree. The amount of brew they consume I wonder if they will
    ever even read those books, or just use them to start things on fire
    "I am who I am and that's all that I am"
    famous sailor

Teach a man to fish and he "borrows" all your gear. Sell a man a fish and he's the one who gets the witch tower

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well, now we have the first level of books-for-generals and it's immediately obvious that it's going to be either expensive or tedious beyond belief to get anywhere booking them.

Consider that I have, now, 2xMMA, the 3 new champions, 2x Major, plus a bunch of lesser ones. Even just to put say 6 low level books on (which is going to be pretty much essential to build the tree, later) I'm looking at over 30 manuscripts, and that's not counting the 5 manuscripts that each tome costs, gonna likely want 6 tomes on each, which is going to mean about another 150 manuscripts. Even with small glue, it's hard to make more than 2 a day - and I still have explorers and maybe geos to add books to AS WELL.

Make with the second bookbinder, already. Or, lower the cost of using gems for books drastically, then I might use gems and pay you money. I am not, though, into paying 200 gems per maunscript - that, if you used gems, makes tomes cost 1200 gems. If manuscripts were 20 gems, I might go for it.

Another possibility: make the good glue (hide glue, I believe) into a PH or RPH recipe. I wouldn't object to paying gems for a recipe for 2x book speedup item. That would give me the chance to run the single bookbinder at up to double speed.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    bump

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I totally agree. It would be nice if we can trade the books from other players. OR atleast give a Queue for creating the books. My glue got wasted as I had to rush to work and forgot to start another bookbinding.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I totally agree something should be done about building skills. With the addition now of the generals requiring books to build skills, we should at least have an additional bookbinder, or adjust the time it takes to make the skills.
    For me, what this is doing is discouraging me to want to make them. It is slow. I want challenges and work to achieve goals in a game, but when it becomes boring and not fun, then there is trouble with high spirits with the Settlers. The citizens are not happy.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm playing for years on the german server and for a while now here and I'm far away from filling my geos and explorers up with books.
    So I would welcome a second bookbinder and queues for them, as the times for producing a book mostly don't fit in a daily routine.

Reply to Thread