Reply to Thread

Thread: Secluded Experiments with MMA and Vet only

World
    Zeus

Cool Secluded Experiments with MMA and Vet only

Secluded Experiments, MMA and Vet Genny version

The nice thing about SE is that it allows you 10 days to complete it, so you can come back to it whenever you have a chance. Fairly good loot, too. This guide uses Evil_J's maps (his MMA guide requires a Major General, while mine doesn't). It's set up a little differently than most guides - click on the map links to see the map setups, and use my notes to help you navigate through the adventure. I've run this one a number of times and it works well. I suggest bringing up the map(s) in another tab and toggling back and forth to be sure your placements are accurate.

NOTE - this adventure uses a LOT of militia (and recruits ), so be ready to send a lot more over. You will also need 70B at the very end and 284 more for leader L11. If you do the attack on L7 and L8 at the same time be sure you have 262K

For most of the adventure, except where indicated, use Evil_J's VET Genny map:

http://i.imgur.com/8gBk2bP.jpg

For the L7 / L8 combined attack use the MMA/Maj map:

http://i.imgur.com/yq2LFPO.jpg

There are slight differences between the two maps.

Use the maps for unit placement and follow these instructions:

Start with the VET genny map
    http://i.imgur.com/8gBk2bP.jpg

ATTACK TARGET.... FROM.... GENNY USED ........ UNITS .......................... COMMENTS

C1 ....................................... MMA .................. 20R 1E 1K 198C

C2 .......................... X1......... REG ................. block:123E, 50C................ heading downwards
    L1 .......................... X2 ........ MMA ................ 56R, 59M, 105K

C3 .......................... X3 ........ REG ................. block: 84E .................... watch placement: not at top of the island!
    L2 wave 1 ................ X4 ........ >>>................ regular or fast genny sacrifice: 68R, or even better spare MMA sacrifice w/1R (removes Caltrops)
    L2 wave 2 ................ X5 ........ MMA ................ 56R, 59M, 105K ............. send the waves one after the other
    L2 wave 2 option 2.... X5 ........ VET ............... 119R, 19M, 112K............ (this version loses less M but more R)

C4 .......................... X6 ........ REG ................. block: 123E, 50C ............ now go up
    L3 .......................... X7 ........ MMA ................. 56R, 59M, 105K

C5 .......................... X8 ......... REG ................. block: 73E ................... same sector, repositioned and going right
    C6 .......................... X9 ......... REG ................. block: 114E
    C7 .......................... X10 ....... REG ................. block: 113E
    L4 .......................... X11 ........ >>>................. MMA: 20R 1E 60C 139K; or VET: 35R, 1E, 150C, 64K

C8 .......................... X12 ........ REG ................. block: 140E
    C9 .......................... X13 ........ REG ................. block: 102E
    L5 .......................... X14 ........ >>>................. alt (recommended): mma 110M, 110K; one wave only, X15 not needed; or use Evil_J's setups.

L6 .......................................... MMA ............... 85R, 50E, 85K

C10 ........................................ MMA or VET ..... NO BLOCK mma 70R, 90C, 60K; also try 100R, 150K for vet

Now you have two choices; either two single leader attacks or a combined two-for-one attack.
    The double attack (recommended) requires 262K.

First single attack:
    C11 ......................... X16 ....... REG ................. block: 1R ...... genny will be wounded
    L7 ........................... X18 ....... MMA ................ 60R, 160K

Second single attack:
    C11 ........................ X17 ........ REG ................. block: 102E, 6C
    L8 .......................... X18 ........ MMA ................ 135R, 85K

Double attack (use only if you skipped the prev two single attacks):
    SWITCH MAPS TO THE MMA/MAJ MAP: http://i.imgur.com/yq2LFPO.jpg

C11 ........................ X16 ........ REG .................. block: 102E, 6C
    L7 .......................... X17 ........ MMA ................. 60R, 160K *** GO SLOW releasing this genny to avoid an intercept ***
    L8 .......................... X18 ........ VET .................. 128R, 22E, 100K
    .................................................. ..................... NOTE THAT EVIL_J'S MAP INSET IS MESSED UP - X17 and X18 are reversed from what they should be - the MMA for L7 goes above the VET for L8 and should be released in that order.

NOW switch back to the VET genny map: http://i.imgur.com/8gBk2bP.jpg

C12 ........................ X19 ........ REG .................... block: 1S, 112E
    L9 .......................... X20 ........ MMA ................... 110M, 110K

C13 ....................... X19 ......... REG .................... block: 1R, 2S, 106E ...... note that your gennies don't change position here at all
    L10 ........................ X20 ........ MMA ................... 125M, 95K ................... 3 second release delay on this one, too

--- you may do these single attacks while doing L9 and L10 - in this sequence - if you have enough gennies and troops ---
    C14 ................ anywhere ........ VET .................... NO BLOCK: 143R, 107E
    C15 ................ anywhere ........ VET .................... NO BLOCK: 140R, 110E (intercept OK if C14 is attacking first)
    C16 ................ anywhere ........ >>>................... NO BLOCK: MMA 220C or VET 250C

L11 (3 waves) .. anywhere ........ ANY, ANY, VET ..... (I) 23R, 25C, 147B; (II) 15R, 25C, 150B; (III) 137M 113K.... III can also be mma with 220M
    .................................................. .................................................. . waves I and II each kill exactly one chef; you may also run a suicide MMA first before (I) and forget using any cavalry, but leave recruits and bowmen as shown
    .................................................. .................................................. your gennies in (I) and (II) will be wounded
    ***NOTE - consider for camp L11 using rain of arrows, then eliminate gunmen (suicide w/cav or MMA), then use assassin, then attack remaining unit; use simulator to figure optimal attack units. Be sure not to lose cannons. This method saves a lot of units.

C17 ...................... X21 .......... REG .................... block: 73E
    L12 ...................... X22 .......... MMA ................... 35R 170C 15K NOTE: 4-5 second delay releasing MMA to avoid intercepts!

C18 ...................... X24 .......... MMA ................... NO BLOCK: 39R 156C 25K

C19 ...................... X23 .......... REG ................... block: 93E
    L13 ...................... X24 .......... MMA .................. 25R, 125C, 70K .....(X24 is right next to the building)

L14 ...................... X24 .......... MMA .................. 180M, 40K.............you must do L14 before L15

C20 ..................... X25 .......... REG .................... 113E
    L15 ...................... X26 ......... MMA .................... 170M, 50K ........... (position X27 not used)

Now move to final positions:
    Regular gennys are in X28, X31; mma in X32, vet in X33; X29 and X30 are not needed - you can put spare mma's there if you want to do any 1R sacrifices on any of the nonblocked camps (C21, C22, C24, L17) to cut down losses when the time comes.

C21 .................... X32 or X33 ... MMA or VET ......... NO BLOCK vet: 156R, 94E or mma: 146R, 74E - possible camp for lootspotter to hit
    C22 .................... X32 or X33 ... MMA or VET ......... NO BLOCK vet: 67R, 1E, 93C, 89K or mma: 60R, 10M, 150K - possible camp for lootspotter to hit

C23 ................... X28 .............. REG ................... block: 1R (genny will be wounded)
    L16 ................... X33 ............... VET ................... 15R, 68M, 167K send him quickly! - it will be CLOSE! hint: zoom out for faster release of Vet. NOTE - be ready to retreat your vet if he gets intercepted. Try again with a regular genny placed just above X31 with 1R as the block if you fail the first time.

C24 ................... X32 .............. MMA ................... NO BLOCK: 220R - possible camp for lootspotter to hit

L17 ................... X32 ............... MMA .................. NO BLOCK: 80R, 50M, 90K - possible camp for lootspotter to hit

At this point any lootspotters must be invited and need to hit any remaining camp of their choice (except C25). Then finish it off with the final block and attack:

C25 .................. X31 ................ REG ................... block: 93E
    L18 .................. X32, X33 .......... MMA, REG .......... W1 mma sacrifice: 8R, 70B (wait a second or so), W2 vet: 110R, 140K - go a bit slow on Vet to be sure MMA hits first.

I hope you are able to find success using this guide!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Only skimmed a bit through, so random question(s). Considering you are stating to have 10 days (so going with the assumption that you won't do it in one sitting aka saving troops through MMA sacs here and there), you might squeeze in another MMA sac with a different follow up (wherever useful that is, unsure how viable the block time is either, so that's up for you to double check then).

L2 wave 1 ................ X4 ........ >>>................ regular or fast genny sacrifice: 68R, or even better spare MMA sacrifice w/1R (removes Caltrops)
    L2 wave 2 ................ X5 ........ MMA ................ 56R, 59M, 105K ............. send the waves one after the other
    If I got the map/numbers right, we are talking about 50 Caltrops 1 Crazy Cook 100 2nd PO 50 Gunman, if that is the case, why would you use the MMA for the 2nd wave attack instead of the Vet? The MMA sac kills 50 Caltrops 50 Gunman, leaving 1 Cook 100 POs, just doing a hap hazardly quick sim of 150R 100K looks much better to me than 60M. Since the Vet can bring more punch to the party, he would be the better choice imo (that is considering caltrops AND gunman are dead of course).

I think, recalling of what I remember from modifing SE myself (although with MMA/Major), you can still/probably improve a fair bit of your M losses utelizing your Vet. 30K more to kill 30 POs saves more than the MMA killing 7-8 "only". Major with Cannons+splash dmg is the only thing that would get me to do SE again though lol

Anyhow, as mentioned, I didn't take an in depth look at it and more of a "I happened to see this part and assume it probably got overlooked somewhere else as well". Since I haven't seen you post a guide yet and bloody no idea who you are, props for doing it, hope you had fun doing it

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the input! This is my first real guide - since I had no Major and thought it would be a challenge to figure this out. It's been a long time since I simulated these attacks and I'm just reviewing your idea for the L2 attack. The MMA sacrifice should eliminate all the caltrops and gunmen but nothing else. I'm adding an option for the second wave for L2 to use a vet genny. The new option loses 119R but only a max of 19M, so it is up to you which you like, and it kills them all in one round. Some militia are needed as a shield for the cannons - I'm guessing it's from the Crazy Cook attack - I couldn't find a combination with only recruits that would work.

As a rule I found it easier in many cases to just utilize the first attack ability of the MMA than mess around with the VET, which is why I used them a lot. I do agree that you would think that two wave attacks would work better with a VET as the second wave - just remembering that you lose that first strike advantage if you do so. If you're experienced you know that first strike works a lot better against some but not very well against others.

Also, I have NOT tried this with any of the newer gennies with special abilities yet, which I am sure would lower losses, but this guide should allow you to complete the adventure with just VET and MMA, which was my objective.

Reply to Thread