Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change the 'Send Army' window, please

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Change the 'Send Army' window, please

On a lot of adventures i have to send 20-30 generals, the window only allow to see 6 of them. It's time consuming to click all i want to send, sometime very annoying too because the generals simply vanish and i have to start all over again.

A 'select all' button will not solve the problem because i don't send all my generals (some adventures has such small landing area and anyway i don't need all there for most of adventures).

So, please, can you change the window? A bigger window or more generals on it...

thank you

Settler
    World
    Ares
    While I use the scroll bar in this situation, I'm in agreement with the sentiment. The current send army window could definitely use a revamp to meet today's needs. There may have been a day when this was all that was needed, but it's not now. We need to be able to see our generals in an organized manner and get them sent to adventures.

I'd love to see a broader send window with the generals in columns by a player specified filter, though a default of 'type' would work for now, until we get a few more type of generals and it stops fitting.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Still waiting for the explorer window.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Hell I would love it if it was just able to show a complete six. For some reason it only fits two and a half rows. So you can't see if the guys in slots 5 & 6 are the ones with troops on them or not because their troop counter is just out of frame. Why would it not at least be designed to fit properly?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Hell I would love it if it was just able to show a complete six. For some reason it only fits two and a half rows. So you can't see if the guys in slots 5 & 6 are the ones with troops on them or not because their troop counter is just out of frame. Why would it not at least be designed to fit properly?
    Agreed +++
    We have the scroll bar on the right side to show that there are more above and or below. We don't need to have anything cut off in the window.

The same space could show more at the same time if they were sized smaller and always evenly fit the scroll display.

World
    Zeus

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Please, Please, Please... there's plenty of head space in the Send Gen menu to expand the window to show all 6 gens and their troop loads.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

World
    Zeus
    I agree, the send general screen needs some work.

On the other hand...... pinning the star menu open and using the "to the adventure" button on each general works pretty well. An added bonus of using this option: on maps where there aren't enough landing zones, I can send my generals in the order I want, leaving the least important ones/ones I use later on, to land last.

I just started using this feature during the Halloween event and now I really like it. One thing I really am liking is my generals are in the exact same order every time, not all jumbled up like in the send screen.

If you have an adventure and a LS going, there's a confirmation pop-up so they go where you intend them to.

Over n out.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I send 30 gens to BLT, i really don't want to use 'to the adventure' button- which, btw, is bugged.
    It happened several times, I was in adv map, received an invite, went home, accepted it, used 'to the adventure' to send my tagging gen and went back to my adv. And my tagging gen stayed home. Now I avoid using this button, as far as i can tell it works only if i am still on home island when gen leave it.

Anyway... the problem is the 'Send Army' window, very annoying and time consuming.

World
    Zeus
    +1

I have noticed that the 'Send Army' window will 'refresh' whenever it detects a change of status in any troops or garrisons; so if your other generals are in combat, or moving (remember while tearing down a garrison and until it is fully rebuilt, the troops/general are not available for that zone) the 'Send Army' window will refresh, clearing your current session, forcing to click the send army again, which will have the current general/troops available.

And, yes, with sending general(s), they need to be 'clear' before you switch zones or they will not leave. This situation follows suit with sending generals from one concluding adventure to another: Any generals completely departed (image no longer on the map) will 'make it' to their target adventure, and any still on the map (yes, even at 05% tear-down status of garrison when you click the complete adventure button, will not make it and will behave as if they were not given any orders (in this case, return home instead of to the other adventure). When leaving the Home Island, the generals MUST actually have entered the MH or nearest SH/ISH and not be visible to be sure they are heading to the correct target before you switch zones.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I totally agree with Ghannima. It really annoying to scroll, click and then everything disappear like half of the time and you have to do it again.

Reply to Thread