Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drop rate for special event adventure loot

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Well, I certainly hope you have a large enough sample size to support those percentages
    My sample size was 83 adventure loots. It ran throughout the event, although the returns as more skewed towards the later part of the event, as that was when I had more free days to play. I will say there was a lot of variation in the days, even getting at least one day of no returns and one day of only 0 and 45 egg returns. From the overall count, they evened out over the run as one would expect with randomly generated returns.

Do people really think that there are different returns set for different people in the game? I do not know the details of how the number was derived on the wiki, as in sample size and the number of players collecting the data, but the only thing I seem to have done differently from the other players who have posted was to collect all the return information. And when saving and copying the information directly, it produced the same information as the other group that was likely to have done the same. Conversely, the many who have voiced their returns have done it using estimates or partial data, which is obviously open to bias. If I were posting based on single days, I could quote statistics as low as 50% 45 returns and 50% 0 returns, and even 100% zero returns; I could also give a rate of 50% 90 returns, 25% 45's and 25% 0's.

As for the 55% no drop rate, I would ask for the same information about sample size, as well as the sample sizes used to provide the comparisons.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quit confusing the issue with "Data" lol

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Any one players data from an event is too small to make a conclusion about drop %. Player experiences differ and whatever experience they had doesnt make them right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post

Do people really think that there are different returns set for different people in the game?
    Until BB reveals how their random works there is no way to know if it is possible or not.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    OF course one persons data isn't the final word (especially if it doesn't agree with other peoples perceptions) but sure is a better start than the wild conjecture and conspiracy theories put forth by others. All I know is I've been present for every event since Halloween 2012 and except for first one with a modicum of effort and teamwork, never had an issue getting what I wanted from events. Again as I've stated before how easy do we want it? Maybe just send list to BB at start of event and tell them what you expect?

Reply to Thread